Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Things that make you go hmmm

Noticed any 'Cock Up's' filming mistakes, continuity errors or something else?

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Re: Things that make you go hmmm

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:20 pm

RHill wrote:Talking about lyrics, I used to believe during my childhood and teenage years that Joe Fagin was saying 'Baffle Of Noise'. I only found out the real lyrics after my older brother heard me singing the song. He said: "It's 'Bar Full Of Noise' you tit.
:lol: :lol: nice one.. at least you know now..
OP

Skeef143
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Skeef143 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:16 pm

I'm glad it's not just me who has puzzled over how come the Swedish air stewardesses knew Wayne's surname, or how come Bomber was living in the hut when he'd clearly been there a lot longer than the others!

One for me is, bearing in mind Dennis and Barry had worked together previously, they didn't seem to know that much about each other.

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:19 pm

Regarding the post above; When Barry introduces himself twice (the bar and on his bike at the site), Dennis does seem to have this face expression as if he's thinking that Barry's anecdotes and boring preamble has started. Saying that, Dennis always has that face expression with Neville, and Wayne...and Oz.

HerrPfister
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by HerrPfister » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:47 pm

Skeef143 wrote: One for me is, bearing in mind Dennis and Barry had worked together previously, they didn't seem to know that much about each other.
I just assumed that on their previous 'tour of duty' together, Dennis had spent as much time as possible avoiding the boring Brummie (quite easy as Brickies & Electricians probably wouldn't have mixed that much on site) but that became impossible when they were thrown together in a tiny hut...

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:03 am

HerrPfister wrote:I just assumed that on their previous 'tour of duty' together, Dennis had spent as much time as possible avoiding the boring Brummie (quite easy as Brickies & Electricians probably wouldn't have mixed that much on site) but that became impossible when they were thrown together in a tiny hut...
Agreed. Whenever I watch Barry's first scene I always think Den's reaction is one of "oh god, not this knobhead again, I better get the others away from him before he befriends them and latches onto us" :lol:

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:58 pm

Poor Barry.... it wouldnt be the same without him though.. :)
OP

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:12 pm

Have we done this one ? When the lads go through the Passport desks, when Nev correctly guesses the cost of Barry's jacket, Nev gets his passport checked, Dennis also on the other counter but Bomber just walks right on through ! I kna the bloke on the counter was just a dozzy Geordie but mmmmm ...

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:32 pm

Tracy wrote:Have we done this one ? When the lads go through the Passport desks, when Nev correctly guesses the cost of Barry's jacket, Nev gets his passport checked, Dennis also on the other counter but Bomber just walks right on through ! I kna the bloke on the counter was just a dozzy Geordie but mmmmm ...
I had to double check that scene one time cos Bomber is so swift I thought he hadn't actually gone through. Then saw he had but as you say, he barely stops for them.

HerrPfister
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by HerrPfister » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:02 am

Who's going to argue with Bomber, eh? Would you?!?

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:29 pm

HerrPfister wrote:Who's going to argue with Bomber, eh? Would you?!?
Not me pal ! But it would have been fun if the bloke had have said, "Oh yes, and where do you think you're going ?"

AlreetPal
Legal Advisor
Legal Advisor

Post by AlreetPal » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:41 pm

When Nick Wheeler outs the seven as the bank robbers, Ally gives the lads a few days off so it looks like they're ordinary gadgies on holiday. So, why does he allow Dennis, Nev and the wives and bairn to stay at the villa? Surely with him knowing the press are to buzzing around the lads like 'flies around a jam jar', it would've looked more believable if they were all staying at the hotel.
Shut ya yak will ya man, you snivelling little git.

We're sophisticated blokes us, ya know.

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:14 pm

Yes I've always thought that was a bit odd. As soon as they arrived in Spain, they stood out a mile, didn't they? Bomber and Oz flirting and dancing with old grannies? I hope it was ONLY flirting and dancing. I don't want to learn on here one day that it was a cut scene.

Herbgarden
Plumber
Plumber

Post by Herbgarden » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:46 pm

Not sure if this has been discussed, but when Dennis is talking to Herr Ulrich about still getting paid while its plootin doon he seems surprised when Ulrich says they won't.
If Den had worked in Germany before, as he claims to have, then he'd already know this.
I mean it's very important to Barry especially, as he's the only source of income in his house he is since his dad...passed on. Not to mention Brendas bathroom teels!

HerrPfister
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by HerrPfister » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:45 pm

Different rules for different sites? Or perhaps Dennis had never experienced torrential rain in Germany before?

AWPfanfromNZ
Boozer
Boozer

Post by AWPfanfromNZ » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:26 pm

Maybe the rules differ from city council/borough to city council/borough in West Germany??...
Happy Days!! :D :D