Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

The famous Steve Davis/Dennis Taylor final

Come and have a 'quiet' chat with the lads about anything from 'The scandal of unregistered old peoples homes' to 'simone signoret' films..... :P
Warning: This section contains adult language!

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Re: The famous Steve Davis/Dennis Taylor final

Post by Tracy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:30 pm

HerrPfister wrote:
RHill wrote: I wonder if any of the actors left Nottingham to travel the short distance to Sheffield to watch Steve Davis V Dennis Taylor the weekend before.
I was watching some Snooker once and the camera panned to Tim Healy in the audience with the commentator pointing him out "of Auf Wiedersehen Pet fame". Can't remember the match or the year though, but he obviously likes a bit of green baize action. (Presumably unlike Kevin Whately, who prefers Pool...)
I love this Pfister. The click of the chips. The green baize.

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:50 pm

Tracy wrote:
HerrPfister wrote:
RHill wrote: I wonder if any of the actors left Nottingham to travel the short distance to Sheffield to watch Steve Davis V Dennis Taylor the weekend before.
I was watching some Snooker once and the camera panned to Tim Healy in the audience with the commentator pointing him out "of Auf Wiedersehen Pet fame". Can't remember the match or the year though, but he obviously likes a bit of green baize action. (Presumably unlike Kevin Whately, who prefers Pool...)
I love this Pfister. The click of the chips. The green baize.
Thank god he never went out on the balcony and blew his brains out!!!!!!!

dan slider
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by dan slider » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:58 pm

Neville its your poke
Hey thats a canny jumper man!

Skeef143
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Skeef143 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:40 pm

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet was actually on telly that night too, you may remember Series 1 was repeated on Saturday nights in early 1985. I remember this night well, as my parents and I were returning from a holiday in the Rhine (not the Tyne ;) ) Valley, and we were staying in a hotel in London that night on the way home. So that was my evening's entertainment sorted... I can even remember the episode.. Love and Other Four Letter Words.

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:50 pm

Skeef143 wrote:Auf Wiedersehen, Pet was actually on telly that night too, you may remember Series 1 was repeated on Saturday nights in early 1985. I remember this night well, as my parents and I were returning from a holiday in the Rhine (not the Tyne ;) ) Valley, and we were staying in a hotel in London that night on the way home. So that was my evening's entertainment sorted... I can even remember the episode.. Love and Other Four Letter Words.
Afraid I shall have to pop your balloon my friend - the 1985 snooker final was on a Sunday night. If you saw it on the Saturday, it would have been the second session of the match, not the closing one.

Skeef143
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Skeef143 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Musta bin Elbowed wrote:
Afraid I shall have to pop your balloon my friend - the 1985 snooker final was on a Sunday night. If you saw it on the Saturday, it would have been the second session of the match, not the closing one.
AWP was definitely on the Saturday night, so it must have the earlier frames of the snooker, my apologies!

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:42 pm

Skeef143 wrote:
Musta bin Elbowed wrote:
AWP was definitely on the Saturday night, so it must have the earlier frames of the snooker, my apologies!
Hey no apologies needed - I felt bad pointing it out :(

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:00 pm

Awww...that's nice.