Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

...And Four Years Later They Give You a Degree. Great.

Come and have a 'quiet' chat with the lads about anything from 'The scandal of unregistered old peoples homes' to 'simone signoret' films..... :P
Warning: This section contains adult language!

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Si
Gaffer
Gaffer

...And Four Years Later They Give You a Degree. Great.

Post by Si » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:00 pm

I'm a 34 year old forklift driver / logistics manager (I always say the latter to impress :lol: ).

Anyways, come Monday I start my Open University course. I'm starting with 'Introducing Environment' and hoping to move onto a science degree.

I'm nervous as hell and been thinking about Mox and Oz in Norma's house watching the TV whilst OU is on. That keeps me giggling. That's what Auf Pet does :)

Just wanted to share with you guys, my fellow Auf Petters. I'm a forklift driver (Am not ashamed of it like) but am looking for a more 'outdoors' kind of thing, hopefully to do with trees and plants and things.

I think that somewhere that scene in Auf Pet helped me out. God bless that show, dammit :D

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Re: ...And Four Years Later They Give You a Degree. Great.

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:45 am

Always things in AWP that influence people.. Oz made me say 'Bollocks' a bit more than normal!! :lol: I met Steve Howard a while back and after an hour or so i said it, he said.. 'You like saying that dont you!' Wish i could say i had something more sensible to influence me in AWP but nowt yet like.. :x
OP

dan slider
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by dan slider » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:16 pm

Good look Si, Im sure you can make it happen for you...Your from Hull so thats all faith you need :-)
Hey thats a canny jumper man!

Hedley Irwin
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hedley Irwin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:40 pm

oh hey, I think there's a bit more to it than that
I need some slippers, and some soap

Si
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Si » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:01 pm

AWP Corsa Tim wrote:Always things in AWP that influence people.. Oz made me say 'Bollocks' a bit more than normal!! :lol: I met Steve Howard a while back and after an hour or so i said it, he said.. 'You like saying that dont you!' Wish i could say i had something more sensible to influence me in AWP but nowt yet like.. :x
hehe I bet there's something that'll happen Auf Pet related :)
dan slider wrote:Good look Si, Im sure you can make it happen for you...Your from Hull so thats all faith you need :-)
Cheers matey.

Made in 'ull :D

Here we go.............. :ugeek:

Gary M
Plasterer
Plasterer

Post by Gary M » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:57 pm

Si wrote:I'm a 34 year old forklift driver / logistics manager (I always say the latter to impress :lol: ).

Anyways, come Monday I start my Open University course. I'm starting with 'Introducing Environment' and hoping to move onto a science degree.

I'm nervous as hell and been thinking about Mox and Oz in Norma's house watching the TV whilst OU is on. That keeps me giggling. That's what Auf Pet does :)

Just wanted to share with you guys, my fellow Auf Petters. I'm a forklift driver (Am not ashamed of it like) but am looking for a more 'outdoors' kind of thing, hopefully to do with trees and plants and things.

I think that somewhere that scene in Auf Pet helped me out. God bless that show, dammit :D
Go for it, son. You're never too late to learn - it's a cliche but also a fact. And don't listen to Oz - you don't need to get up at 6am for this sort o' tackle - just set the video man :D

And you've obviously been taking Bomber's advice from S3 - "Diggin ditches and laying turf"

Gary M
Plasterer
Plasterer

Post by Gary M » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:03 pm

And... I hope when you get your degree certificate it says "Sadsack" :lol:

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:49 pm

Excuse my ignorance, forgot to wish you good luck in what you are doing here!
OP

Rodders
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by Rodders » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:06 pm

You will enjoy it. I completed an honours degree from the OU back in the 90s. Everyone and I mean everyone feels the same as you do at the start, That is why they insist on you attending a weeks residential in your first year, so you meet other people and realise this.
Last edited by Rodders on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fitzherbert C
Brickie
Brickie

Post by fitzherbert C » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:40 pm

good luck Si - its the silicone chip - transformed the whole of life as we know it !! and they also use it make womans tits bigger :lol:

brilliant scene - can anybody tell me what "cowey" means as in the tv being repossesed if your old mans on the cowey ? i assume it meany the dole ?

Si
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Si » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:31 pm

Aw cheers all you guys. Much appreciated :)

Am sorry too for making so many threads. Just a but nervous, having a few beers, maybe a bit too over-revved or summat.

Behave will ya, ya bloody lunatic!

Cheers again :D

Si
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Si » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:35 pm

fitzherbert C wrote: brilliant scene - can anybody tell me what "cowey" means as in the tv being repossesed if your old mans on the cowey ? i assume it meany the dole ?
I just looked at the Urban Dictionary and the word 'cowey' didn't come with anything relevant.

However, the word Cowie
did:

Geordie word for ecstacy. Maybe a drugs reference??

Eta: quite a few northern definitions actually :lol: