Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads

Come and have a 'quiet' chat with the lads about anything from 'The scandal of unregistered old peoples homes' to 'simone signoret' films..... :P
Warning: This section contains adult language!

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Re: Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads

Post by RHill » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:53 pm

There was a story about this in the Evening Chronicle last week. Apparently, Bolam hates the programme and his character, Terry, because it's not a performance he's satisfied with as he looks upon himself as a very serious actor. Or in words to that effect. So if they had become friends again - just say in the late 1970s or early 1980s, it would of been very unlikely that Bolam would of agreed to make another series.

Hedley Irwin
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hedley Irwin » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:11 pm

Sadly, there are a lot of similarities between Bolam and Jimmy Nail.

Shame, because in both cases the characters made the series
I need some slippers, and some soap

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:37 am

why can't these lot just get on eh!!?
OP

HerrPfister
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by HerrPfister » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:42 pm

Aye, there like a pair of bloody kids. What's the matter? - did Bewes pinch Bolam's crayons, eh?

Shankly
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by Shankly » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:26 pm

RHill wrote:This is me standing next to the Beehive pub near Earsdon where they filmed Bob and Terry leaving the pub to go back to the caravan.

"Can you remember where our caravan is, Bob?" :D

I spent a few days up that way in 1994 with some friends from Uni, one of whom was from Wallsend. We went up to a castle about an hour away, no idea of its name, and stopped off at a pub for a drink and meal. I always think it could have been that pub although I have no idea if it is the case, or if it is anywhere near where we were travelling. It does look similar, but that could just be my mind tricking me.

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:58 am

Shankly wrote:
RHill wrote:This is me standing next to the Beehive pub near Earsdon where they filmed Bob and Terry leaving the pub to go back to the caravan.

"Can you remember where our caravan is, Bob?" :D

I spent a few days up that way in 1994 with some friends from Uni, one of whom was from Wallsend. We went up to a castle about an hour away, no idea of its name, and stopped off at a pub for a drink and meal. I always think it could have been that pub although I have no idea if it is the case, or if it is anywhere near where we were travelling. It does look similar, but that could just be my mind tricking me.

Well it's very small inside the Beehive - although it doesn't look it from the outside. Tiny bar. About the size of Barry's kitchen hatch. It's the smallest pub I've ever been in. If you check this link and read the comment at the very bottom of the page (by Tony1947), you get to learn that the pub attracted many married customers who wanted to entertain their bit on the side! Nee wonder Bob and Terry went there.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/whats-on ... on-1369617

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:11 am

I know a couple of friends who have also used that very pub to get away from prying eyes. Ideal as it's in the middle of nowhere. There is also a famous dogging area just five minutes away up the road. I've never been though. Wey, I haven't got a car, have a!