Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Who paid the lads

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Dennis Patterson
Plumber
Plumber

Who paid the lads

Post by Dennis Patterson » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:16 pm

Right lads I was reading through the "Ally & Dennis thread when something crossed my mind.

Dennis kept the £25k as insurance if Frasers funds went tits up. Now, Dennis managed to keep the full £25k as we found out in series 3 and as far as we know Fraser ended up in Tangiers with next to nowt with Kenny Ames.

So who did actually pay the lads their wages and generous bonuses?

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Re: Who paid the lads

Post by RHill » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:18 pm

There are lots of unanswered questions or unexplained plot holes between series 2 and 3. This has been covered on the old forum (if I remember correctly) and as there is considerably more readers/members now, it's worth having a recap.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:45 am

Dennis did. Or thats what we are lead to work oot. And we know Den would have done exactly that. I reckons they all, plus Vicki and Hazel got back to Newcastle safely after doing a deal with the Spanish old bill. Remembering that Debbs was an innocent party to all this. So, Oz having to give up his lottery winnings in exchange for all their passports. That would have paid all their fares too, the Spaniards doing a deal with Scotland Yard in exchange for Ally and Kenny. They all meet up at Norma's hoose where Dennis divvies oot their whack and theys all goes their merry ways. I also reckons that Vicki got a slice as for what she had been through. Den making sure she was well compensated. As for Ally and Kenny ? mmm you tell me. You tell me.

BarryTaylor
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by BarryTaylor » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:56 am

Had Series 3 been a bit closer to Series 2 storyline wise, I think this would have been cleared up then. When Neville asks Dennis about the £25k he casually replies "2 divorces and a new pair of shoes took care of that" whereas what he should have said was;

"Well after settling up with all you lads there certainly wasn't enough to open a newsagent or run off to Brazil, and then when my 2nd marriage went down the clarts (sp) she* had the house and the car so all I had left was these new shoes ".
(camera pans down to a clean but worn pair of shoes)

I've said 'she' as its never really confirmed that Dennis married Christine or whether he married someone else.
Ben Adams

Midlands based Fan.
Drives an "automatic Metro"....

Wal-NUFC
Plumber
Plumber

Post by Wal-NUFC » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:42 pm

I think it's not to do with the gap between S2 and S3, they surely had copies of the script!!

Rather, I believe they had pressure from the powers to be to abandon old ideas, just saying like.