Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Bugbears

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Hedley Irwin
Gaffer
Gaffer

Re: Bugbears

Post by Hedley Irwin » Fri May 02, 2014 7:05 pm

I've always felt that the Oz/Vicky relationship was always intended as a "twist in the tale".

From memory the Fred Taylor S2 novel reflect the script as we see it in Spain.
I need some slippers, and some soap

Wal-NUFC
Plumber
Plumber

Post by Wal-NUFC » Fri May 02, 2014 9:13 pm

one thing I can't understand.

from series 1 we know Moxey doesn't tan

yet in S2 .. he was tanned (IN PRISON!!!!) .. might it be an open prison by the beach in Spain?

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Sat May 03, 2014 12:31 pm

Hedley Irwin wrote:I've always felt that the Oz/Vicky relationship was always intended as a "twist in the tale".

From memory the Fred Taylor S2 novel reflect the script as we see it in Spain.
Me too. It was only years later when starting to read up about the show that I saw a lot of people saying it was a re-write to accommodate Gary's death. But I've never seen that officially confirmed anywhere - anyone? :?:

Ping Pong Pippa
Electrician
Electrician

Post by Ping Pong Pippa » Mon May 05, 2014 10:57 am

Why does a homesick Neville on a much needed weekend off invite Dennis' sister Norma to Sunday lunch? Because Dennis lent him the van?

(Also, probably mentioned on here before, but the scene with Neville & Brenda in bed on Saturday afternoon (football match on radio) I've just spotted that when talking about Brenda working and him having to cook for Norma - the "Norma" part is dubbed, he says Vera - obvious reasons, but first time I've actually noticed that - must be this forum, making me pay more attention!)

Same episode (Cowboys) how on earth does Wayne end up going back to the house with the rest of the lads? Having got comfortably ensconced with the gorgeous Gina McKee, on, it has to be said, some of the lamest chat-up lines I've ever heard, he lets her slip through his fingers because she wants to listen to Oz singing!? Doesn't sound like our Wayne to me.

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Mon May 05, 2014 2:16 pm

Wayne didn't half have some sleezy chat-up lines. Almost Cringeworthy. I mean lets just imagine if you were with your mate at your local pub. You lift your pint from the bar and when you tip your head back and gulp down the last mouthful of beer, your mate says to one of the two lasses standing next to you: "You make me feel glad all over?" I bet you would cough and splutter your beer all over the bar? Barry was wise not to go out on the pull with Wayne again.

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Mon May 05, 2014 3:52 pm

Ping Pong Pippa wrote:Why does a homesick Neville on a much needed weekend off invite Dennis' sister Norma to Sunday lunch? Because Dennis lent him the van?

(Also, probably mentioned on here before, but the scene with Neville & Brenda in bed on Saturday afternoon (football match on radio) I've just spotted that when talking about Brenda working and him having to cook for Norma - the "Norma" part is dubbed, he says Vera - obvious reasons, but first time I've actually noticed that - must be this forum, making me pay more attention!)

Same episode (Cowboys) how on earth does Wayne end up going back to the house with the rest of the lads? Having got comfortably ensconced with the gorgeous Gina McKee, on, it has to be said, some of the lamest chat-up lines I've ever heard, he lets her slip through his fingers because she wants to listen to Oz singing!? Doesn't sound like our Wayne to me.
The Norma part was Vera originally coming to dinner not Norma, hence why Nev is dubbed over with Norma.