Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

How Often Do You Watch Auf Wiedersehen, Pet?

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

How Often Do You Watch Auf Wiedersehen, Pet?

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:37 pm

I watch an episode if not 2, at least once a week.
As I run the site, I try and find something to add to the site, watch the episode it featured, and make sure everything is correct.

I am also hunting down Locations constantly, so I am always on the look out for new Locations we don't have on the site.

Lee

Oz.
Brickie
Brickie

Re: How Often Do You Watch Auf Wiedersehen, Pet?

Post by Oz. » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:33 pm

Watching it now, i don't usually go long before starting again at episode one and once you start you have keep watching obviously... ;)

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:13 pm

Watch it now and again normally.. most the time lately its a case of looking for Chatterley's and watching that scene again and again.. same with ROTS Part 2.. looking for that bloody layby!
OP

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:48 pm

I watched Auf Wiedersehen Pet too many times on VHS in my teenage years. (1988 to 1991) My dad then died quite young at the age of 46 and I didn't even noticed as I was watching Aufpet. Actually, that was a joke, I was devastated. Didn't do well in my GCSEs (1991) as I only studied Aufpet on VHS. Then my mother told me that I will end up 'thick' if I keep watching the same stuff over and over again. Didn't take her advice seriously and kept on going through the episodes. Then I remember upsetting my Uncle Chris at his front door. I walked into his livingroom and said: "Look at this? 21 inch Pye! Did you pay for this, did you?" He complained to my mam that I was cheeky and my mam had to explain to me that not everybody watches Auf Wiedersehen Pet and that my uncle thought I was being serious. When my friends left school and started work, I was doing Aufpet impressions to the dog and pretending to look for work when I was really looking for Rodney's school in 'Walker'. Failed to find it. Then fast-forward a decade, I had almost beaten my addiction until I discovered the Original Auf Wiedersehen website by Paul Armstrong on THE INTERNET!!! Yippeeee Little did I know then that I'd only just started.
Last edited by RHill on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:13 pm

Dont tell your mum about the site!! :)
OP

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:16 pm

I have been watching Auf Pet in a mass way since 1988.
My friend and I bought the first VHS that was available, which had 'If I Were A Carpenter' and 'Private Lives' on.

I still have the VHS tape now, and no video player to play them on, but I don't think I could ever throw them away, they really are a part of me growing up, or not growing up, depending on who you ask.

I would have been 12/13 at the time, and I remember watching 'If I Were A Carpenter' and realising how hard it must have been for young lads like Neville leaving home to go and work abroad. Not to sound like a complete 'tosspot or owt,' but I think it made me realise that if I didn't shape up a bit like, that my life would equate to nothing. Just like Richard, I didn't listen to anyone, and thought I knew best. Being the age I am now, 36, I am telling my daughter how important it is to not waste time, and knuckle down, whether she listens or not, I cannot say, and feel like only she can make that decision.

Jesus Christ, this is getting heavy!

You can say what you want about TV, but Auf Wiedersehen, Pet has certainly changed my life for the better. Those lads from S1 and S2 are my mates, and whenever the 'chips are down....' I can always get them together and get myself back on the right track.

"A don't know whats hes bloody talking aboot me...." Oz

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:38 pm

It might be getting a bit heavy - but it's so true. Auf Wiedersehen Pet has evidently had an affect on my past and future job prospects I don't want my four kids to make the same mistake that I did and start studying 'The Inbetweeners' or something when they leave school.

Overtime tonight dennis?

Hallwood
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hallwood » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:38 pm

I usually watch every episode about once a year.

I first started watching it in the late 1980s/early 1990s on Grampian TV when it was edited to half hour episodes and shown in an early evening slot.

In 2002, I started watching repeats of it on Men & Motors, then bought the DVD box sets, and haven't stopped watching it since.

Geordie
Electrician
Electrician

Post by Geordie » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:08 pm

I go through fits and starts. Could be a couple of episodes every day for weeks, then not even one episode in weeks.

Addy
Brickie
Brickie

Post by Addy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:35 pm

I remember watching the original aired series on TV in the early 80's and never really watched it since last year when the series 1,2 & 3 were available on Youtube, brought it all back for me really and started to research locations.
To be honest it was probably seeing Tim Healey in Benidorm that sort of fired my enthusiasm for Auf Pet again, ended up watch both the 1st and 2nd series back to back over about 2 months, it's just brilliant story telling.

I worked in the construction industry at the time it was originally aired and it was full of characters just like the show was.

I am going to re-watch it again soon, the wife is into all the Celebrity BB nonsense, which makes perfect viewing time for Auf Pet.
Rule Britannia, Marmalade & Jam,
5 Chinese crackers up your a**ehole,
Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang!

poxeymoxey
Plumber
Plumber

Post by poxeymoxey » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:41 pm

We tend to watch it series by series every few years. Watched the 2004 special last year, so will be back to series 1 later this year. I recorded them off the TV originally and actually wore the tapes out! No, that isn't a joke! Then bought them on VHS (weren't the VHS releases crap really?) They were terrible quality and bits missing too. Then the restored DVDS which was like a breath of fresh air!

Tomtheradish
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Tomtheradish » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:08 am

Just been watching Alien, Michael Elphick. Magowan

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:52 am

I usually watch a Series 1 or 2 episode at least every week, and save the latter series for a full series watch every couple of months.....I prefer to watch the newer series as a full series for some reason.

If anyone has Itunes, don't upgrade to the newer version as its utter tosh!
It has started putting all your purchases in the Icloud, and takes them off your connected pc's etc....I made a big error in upgrading....