Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Auf Pet Autographs

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

ItalianParatrooper
Brickie
Brickie

Auf Pet Autographs

Post by ItalianParatrooper » Mon May 23, 2016 7:50 pm

Alreet? :mrgreen:

I've recently moved house, and in the move managed to persuade the missus to let me have a man cave (AKA the smallest of the three bedrooms). In the 30th anniversary celebrations in Newcastle back in 2013 I went to the Tyneside Cinema showing of Private Lives ("Howay kettle") and bought a 30th anniversary poster which I got signed by Dick Clement, Ian la Frenais, Roger Bamford, and Melanie Hill.

I didn't attend the evening do at the Hilton (and I've regretted it every day since)

Anyway I'll get to the point, I have set myself a potentially impossible task - to get that same poster signed by the five surviving main cast members as well as any one else involved in series 1 and/or 2 that I can.

The problem is, I don't know where to start, and I'm a bit worried that I might be lucky enough to get a few signatures and then send the poster off for another signature and it either get lost/damaged in the post, or simply not returned.

Has anyone else attempted anything like this, or does anyone have any advice for me? :)

Thanks gang DL

shirley pollard
Knitting AWP Fan
Knitting AWP Fan

Re: Auf Pet Autographs

Post by shirley pollard » Mon May 23, 2016 8:21 pm

you could have had 3 signatures at the sunday for sammy concert recently.. dennis ,nev and moxey....

that's a canny jumper man !

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Mon May 23, 2016 9:01 pm

You be kicking yerself over not attending the Hilton job. No serviette rings mind.
You might need to hang around hotel lobbies on the off chance.
But do you have to wear that jacket?

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Mon May 23, 2016 10:37 pm

It goes without saying you should check if any of them are on twitter (I know Noel Clarke is but not sure about the 'oldies'). A quick tweet explaining your 'project' might pay dividends. Or Facebook for that matter, but i dont use it so no idea how easy it is to just message them on there.

If it was me, I'd first look to tick off the 'easy to get' ones. Anyone who regularly does theatre should be easy as they're usually happy to sign at the stage door each night. So Moxey's should be a good starter :)

For the three Geordie lads, your best bet might be to email their agent with a suitably grovelling request. I wouldnt bank on getting Jimmy's that way though :(

As for Tim Spall, who knows? He's obviously gone pretty A-list in terms of his career now so not sure how much if any theatre work he does. Then again he strikes me as a decent bloke so I'd be tempted to try his agent too. Cant hurt.

It should be do-able if you're willing to put in the time, legwork, and travel expenses. I (ahem) *know someone* who managed to get several Smiths albums signed separately by all four members of the band long after they'd split. All four were happy to sign, it was just a case of tracking them down (at gigs for Marr Rourke and Joyce, and at a signing session for Moz).

Good luck. And please come back to update us with developments - way too many people post interesting projects on here and then we never hear from them again :( :evil: :P> :P> 8-)

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Mon May 23, 2016 11:07 pm

Or you could just stalk them all :shock: Find out where they're gonna be and then just happen to be there, clutching your poster :mrgreen:

shirley pollard
Knitting AWP Fan
Knitting AWP Fan

Post by shirley pollard » Tue May 24, 2016 5:45 am

Tim spalls wife is on facebook and twitter .. Shane spall or princess matilda

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Tue May 24, 2016 6:01 am

Good luck with that mate, we await with baited breath...

shirley pollard
Knitting AWP Fan
Knitting AWP Fan

Post by shirley pollard » Tue May 24, 2016 6:08 am

Musta bin Elbowed wrote:Or you could just stalk them all :shock: Find out where they're gonna be and then just happen to be there, clutching your poster :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AlreetPal
Legal Advisor
Legal Advisor

Post by AlreetPal » Tue May 24, 2016 2:06 pm

Can't see you getting Jimmy Nail to sign it to be honest. The others you may have a slight chance, I searched for years to get a Jimmy Nail photo from AWP signed by the man, but ended up with a signed pic from his music company promo.
Shut ya yak will ya man, you snivelling little git.

We're sophisticated blokes us, ya know.

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Tue May 24, 2016 5:03 pm

Very interesting plan and would make some good pictures too!!

Check this out for a list of who is on Twitter: http://www.auf-pet.com/twitter

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Tue May 24, 2016 5:27 pm

Why is jimmy nail so reluctant to give fans his autograph then?

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Tue May 24, 2016 8:57 pm

What abouts if you don't tweet, or twit. What then like?

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Tue May 24, 2016 9:03 pm

Breaking Away wrote:What abouts if you don't tweet, or twit. What then like?
Twat?

ItalianParatrooper
Brickie
Brickie

Post by ItalianParatrooper » Tue May 24, 2016 9:07 pm

Thanks for the tips everyone, special thanks to Musta bin Elbowed for such a detailed reply.

Gutted to have missed out on the chance to get those three signatures at the Sunday for Sammy gig. I could always go wait at the stage door in 2018 when it comes back to the City Hall.

My dream (but most likely impossible) 'hit list' to go along with the four signatures I already have is:

Tim Healy
Tim Spall
Jimmy Nail
Chris Fairbank
Kevin Whatley
Julia Tobin
Bill Paterson
Lesley Saint-John
Peter Birch
Val McLane
Bridgette Kahn
Madelaine Newton
John Bowler
and of course Big Baz himself Ying Tong John

If somehow I managed to get most of the above (I'm a completist and if I couldn't get one of the big five I'd feel I'd not achieved what I set out to do, I realise Jimmy might prove a challenge....) then I might set out to try and get Noel Clarke and some of the other main characters from series 3 and 4 (although it's not a huge poster)

Then I'm considering getting it framed, and look to maybe pick up Pat and Gary's autographs on ebay to complete the set.

Epic quest I know, but tomorrow I set the wheels in motion and begin putting a few messages out on Twitter and I'll report back with my progress.

If anyone else has any tips, or contacts, especially with Jimmy I'd love your help :)

shirley pollard
Knitting AWP Fan
Knitting AWP Fan

Post by shirley pollard » Tue May 24, 2016 9:16 pm

i could have got moxeys autogragh at the sunday for sammy but never crossed my mind to ask lol..i just had a pic with him ,such a nice man!had to laugh the next day at the station when he walked passed us i shouted chris and he walked on just like he did in AWP when they were testing his reflexes..."brendan..."