Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

You're Chance to meet Moxey

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

The Wai-Ling
Carpenter
Carpenter

You're Chance to meet Moxey

Post by The Wai-Ling » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:40 pm

22460-30786-0.jpg
22460-30786-0.jpg (36.2 KiB) Viewed 4676 times
It's not easy meeting our heroes but as it happens some opportunities have arisen.

Showmaster is a company that runs events up and down the country in different cities for science fiction fans. At these events hosts lost of stands for all sorts of sci-fi merchandise, clothing and photo signed autographs. A lot of cos-playing does on there too.

The other draw for these events is special guests who have done several sci-fi TV programmes and films.

Christopher Fairbank has of course done several and is doing 3 events this year, please see below with their links:-

Saturday the 3rd of September 2016, Film & Comic Con Bournemouth, Bournemouth International Centre, Bournemouth

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/ind ... wforum=347

Saturday the 29th of October 2016, Film & Comic Con Cardiff 2016, Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/ind ... opic=93054

Saturday the 19th of November 2016, Film & Comic Con Newcastle, Metro Radio Arena Newcastle

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/ind ... opic=93055

These announcements above are all on the forum pages that you can access easily and have not as yet reached the Showmaster main page but will.

Prices, the prices vary considerably for what you want:-

Entrance Fee:- £8 after 11am, £15, early bird 9am-11am and upwards from there.
Photo Studio:- £15 with Chris
Autograph:- £15.
A Talk:- Probably Free.

The talk may centre around a topic, say Alien 3, where you have actors including Chris there talking about that time in their life but they will invite questions from the Audience so you can ask Auf Pet questions.

Chris will be seated for the majority throughout each Saturday at a table that you can visit (You may have to queue) for an autograph, he'll have breaks and then be on for a photo studio which can run between 15 to 45 minutes so be on time.

You may arrive early and then find Chris may not have a photo shoot with you until 5pm. Showmaster are not keen on selfies with the actors but you can always ask.

For those travelling to Bournemouth please be prepared to arrive early, there should be a schedule going up Tomorrow or Friday as to what Chris will be up to during the day.

The main site for Showmaster where you can get tickets is:-

http://www.showmastersevents.com/

Pick which of the 3 events you wish to visit and then if you want tickets you can click the top right black button for tickets.

You can buy tickets as well on the day, just be warned about those queue's.

All the best, it will be a cannae day out either way.

Bomber
Plumber
Plumber

Re: You're Chance to meet Moxey

Post by Bomber » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:32 pm

Awesome, thanks for posting this mate DL

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:01 am

I must say, his acne has improved!

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:14 am

I'm sorry but.....
The Wai-Ling wrote:Autograph:- £15.
He can go **** himself then :evil: :evil:

The Wai-Ling
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by The Wai-Ling » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:40 am

Musta bin Elbowed wrote:I'm sorry but.....
The Wai-Ling wrote:Autograph:- £15.
He can go **** himself then :evil: :evil:
It depends what way you want to look at it.

Feasibly if Chris was say acting in a play then you could get his autograph for free either before or after the performance (Not during). You could write to his agent and perhaps get one that way.

A lot of actors do these events to help with their income, Chris will be travelling to these locations for a days work, which yes, the majority of the time is sitting on your arse with a part-time member of Showmaster waiting for someone to come across for an autograph.

The fee is for Showmaster a standard rate with admission fee on top though I think (Though I could be wrong) that the autograph can be purchased along with a photo which is included in the price of something that he was in, these photographs will be at his table, I'm unsure whether Auf Pet will be in these photos.

Another way of perhaps looking at it is that when the Internet came along with EBAY when these events where a lot more smaller scale you would get autograph hunters getting various actors to sign things, say 30 photo's, they would then sell them on the internet for £10-15 and nothing would go to the actor.

Autographs are big business.

Each person can judge whether it's worth it or not but these events are getting bigger and bigger so there are fans who will pay the prices.

rodoz
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by rodoz » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:02 pm

Quite fancy this loike, but looks like an expensive day and a few hundred mile round trip for me.
Has anyone been to one of these ComicCons before?
Are they like the American ones I've seen where every one gets dressed up in character?
If yes it might be worth it for a giggle.

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:09 pm

Throw on a sweaty singlet, manky underpants and black out a tooth and you're ready to roll.

The Wai-Ling
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by The Wai-Ling » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:47 pm

rodoz wrote:Quite fancy this loike, but looks like an expensive day and a few hundred mile round trip for me.
Has anyone been to one of these ComicCons before?
Are they like the American ones I've seen where every one gets dressed up in character?
If yes it might be worth it for a giggle.
Yep, that's pretty much it, they'll be Ghostbusters, Wonder Woman, Batman, Chewbacca's too.

But let's just remember that it's not Newcastle meeting Sunderland on a Saturday night, it's just a cannie bunch of lads and lassie's out for a good time.

As I said, arrive early, take snacks and water.

Decide what you want to do? You feasibly could just pay for the entrance fee, go in, spot Chris, shake his hand have a conversation and go if you wanted. Though it could be a bit awkward as there will be that "Are you wanting an autograph"? Job done, you're out of there.

You may only want an autograph, pay for your entrance fee, find where Chris is, wait in the queue if there is one, tell him how great he is, take something for him to sign or choose a photo from a collection of around probably 5 different photos, pay £15, job done, shake his hand, you're out of there.

If you want a photo with him, it may be worth asking for a freebie photo if you have a friend with you to take the picture, particularly if you've just paid £15 for an autograph, there is no guarantee you'll get it but you can only ask.

Alternatively you can get a professional photo, down side, if you get if for say 9am or 11am, you've queue'd outside for a couple of hours in the rain and then you find out his photo session is marked down for 4.30pm and you will go out of you're mind waiting in boredom and I hope for you that it's worth it.

This is one I had with Noel Clarke
NOEL CLARKE.jpg
NOEL CLARKE.jpg (641.59 KiB) Viewed 4618 times

There is nothing to stop you putting on a white boiler suit, a black woolly hat and take along a bottle of Vix for that Moxey look and ask Chris to stick on a similar hat for that 'Moxey' look. If Wayne can have a plank of wood with 'Wayne Loves Christa', I'm sure you can can have a laugh with him.

If I'm honest you will all have heard of conventions which for me these events are not. My best description of these events is a bit like going to a crowded Ice Rink where you go round and around for several hours. Not necessarily my cup of tea but of the cast I've only met Noel, Maya (Uli) Woolfe and Michael (Herr Grunwald) Sheard. I did see Jimmy Nail live once in Aberdeen in concert (Very funny story he told about meeting Frankie Howard who had the hots for him!) so before I get too many grey hairs meeting one of the remaining original seven would be great.

One thing that came across (Though I could be wrong as I did not attend) was the original 2013 Auf Pet convention in Newcastle.

A great band of actors here and a great event, Tim Healy, Kevin whately, Julia Tobin and Melanie Hill to name a few and yet I also got the feeling reading the feedback that the attendee's were discouraged from approaching the stars which seems a great shame for what appears to be a one off occasion.

The Wai-Ling
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by The Wai-Ling » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:51 pm

Just a quick mention on the Bournemouth event. There is no announcement on a stage talk which may not happen.

Chris's photo session will be held for 10 minutes between 15.50pm and 16.00pm Saturday.

Chris's announcement was only announced on Wednesday so he'll be there.

Best of luck for anyone going.

rodoz
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by rodoz » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:00 am

Breaking Away wrote:Throw on a sweaty singlet, manky underpants and black out a tooth and you're ready to roll.
That's my normal look, mind you if I put tights on with me manky undies on the outside and put a big red S on me sweaty singlet I might stand a chance with one of them tasty Wonder Woman boilers.
I'll be able to tell Moxey I've just seen a Ghostbuster, or should that be Brendan....., Ive just seen a Ghostbuster Brendan.........
Anyone else got any equally brilliant ideas?

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:56 pm

Regarding the 2013 Convention and asking paying guests to not approach cast/crew members was simply for health and safety and something that has to be done I'm afraid. I'm glad to say from my view on the night, it went down well and Tim Healy said 'we ain't leaving this room until we've seen everyone that wants to see us!...'

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:16 am

Everyone was brilliant that weekend. Very friendly and obliging.

Hedley Irwin
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hedley Irwin » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:14 am

Breaking Away wrote:Everyone was brilliant that weekend. Very friendly and obliging.
Even Si's flag?
I need some slippers, and some soap

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:47 am

I think the less said the better about that do you not?

The Wai-Ling
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by The Wai-Ling » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:30 am

Breaking Away wrote:Everyone was brilliant that weekend. Very friendly and obliging.
Apologies for any offence caused folks, I did get the anniversary DVD and it looks like a fantastic weekend had by all.