Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Bomber

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Mike
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bomber

Post by Mike » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:04 pm

While watching the re-runs of Auf Widersehen Pet, I just happened to google all the lads from the show to see what they were up to, and couldn't believe that Pat Roach (Bomber) lived out his days in Bromsgrove, which is where I live. I was more surprised to read that he is buried in Bromsgrove Cemetary.
Well, today (26/02/2017), I found Bomber's grave while searching the vast cemetary grounds.
I just wanted to pay my respects, as this show was the best by far. Nothing has ever come close.
I wish that I could have known about the 30 year reunion too. I would have loved to have been there to meet the others, and fans.
I've only just found the fan site too.
Can't believe that my favourite show of all time, and I've missed all those years of not knowing.
I found it very touching that the lads broke from filming in Thailand to attend Bomber's funeral, and Tim Healy giving a reading, while Jimmy Nail sang Danny Boy at the graveside.
I'm a sentimental old fool, but just had to get in touch.
As a last word, God bless Bomber. R.I.P Big Man.

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Re: Bomber

Post by Lou » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi I live in bromsgrove as well, where do you live?
I go and lay flowers for bomber for the fan club

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi I live in bromsgrove as well, where do you live?
I go and lay flowers for bomber for the fan club

Hedley Irwin
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hedley Irwin » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:19 pm

Alreet, alreet, we heard yer the first time, man.

I know that both Lou and I have visited the grave (not together I might add). I daresay a few others will have done too. I went to the wrong graveyard initially and, obviously, walked up and down row after ow without ever finding the grave. Upon checking with Lou, who I knew had been before, I discovered that the grave is in the smaller cemetery, so I went back a day or two later and found the grave no bother. I just said thanks for all the entertainment over the years, and tidied up a bit.
I need some slippers, and some soap

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:22 pm

Hedley Irwin wrote:Alreet, alreet, we heard yer the first time, man.

I know that both Lou and I have visited the grave (not together I might add). I daresay a few others will have done too. I went to the wrong graveyard initially and, obviously, walked up and down row after ow without ever finding the grave. Upon checking with Lou, who I knew had been before, I discovered that the grave is in the smaller cemetery, so I went back a day or two later and found the grave no bother. I just said thanks for all the entertainment over the years, and tidied up a bit.
Yes hedley it was a bit of a schlep. I walked up and down and round and round the big one for about two hours!
Ah well at least we know where he is now.

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:57 pm

Well if you know man tell us man. Where man?!

Pete M
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by Pete M » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:05 pm

I have in the past posted on here my memories of meeting Pat Roach several times, training with him through the Birmingham Bulls american football team in the late 80's, watching him wrestle in my local leisure centre etc blah blah.
The point I quickly want to make is that in the series he may have come across as a bit simple and one dimensional.
In real life he was far from it, and had a fearsome reputation in Brum during the seventies and eighties. He ran a lot of businesses and looked after his family (especially his mom), and doted on his son, and his grandson.
It tickles me sometimes to see him playing Bomber
as a simpleton, when in real life he was far from it!
As I have said before, although he was said to be 6 foot 5, watch ROTS episode two. When I met him he had to duck to get under a normal doorway, and turn sideways. Such a huge man, and he knew it!!
If he was still around he would be 80 this year!
RIP Roachy xx

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:42 pm

Which proves he was a much better actor than he considered himself to be. And others for that matter. DL

Shankly
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by Shankly » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:17 pm

The mad thing is that I am now the same age as Pat was in S1. And he was the old guy of the group!

He was a unit as well. Look at him on the beach in S2. He was huge.

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:17 am

Pete M wrote:I have in the past posted on here my memories of meeting Pat Roach several times, training with him through the Birmingham Bulls american football team in the late 80's, watching him wrestle in my local leisure centre etc blah blah.
The point I quickly want to make is that in the series he may have come across as a bit simple and one dimensional.
In real life he was far from it, and had a fearsome reputation in Brum during the seventies and eighties. He ran a lot of businesses and looked after his family (especially his mom), and doted on his son, and his grandson.
It tickles me sometimes to see him playing Bomber
as a simpleton, when in real life he was far from it!
As I have said before, although he was said to be 6 foot 5, watch ROTS episode two. When I met him he had to duck to get under a normal doorway, and turn sideways. Such a huge man, and he knew it!!
If he was still around he would be 80 this year!
RIP Roachy xx
My cousin Gary mayell has done some photography for the Birmingham bulls if anyone gives a donkey Shiite.......