Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Hard To Explain

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Hard To Explain

Post by RHill » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:53 am

Does anyone ever watch an episode from series 1 or 2 and wonder why the characters still look older then you - even when 30 years have past and you're now older! I'm now in my 40s and I still see the characters in series 1 and 2 look 20 years older then me. The characters never look younger then me as I get older (as they should). Does that make sense? Had this thought for years and hoping someone knows exactly what I mean.

Please hoping someone does or i will be re-opening the scars from the orangegate incident.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Re: Hard To Explain

Post by Tracy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:05 am

"Does that make sense ?"
eeerrrr no ! But it does beg the question, Jam or Marmite ? :D

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:21 am

Strangely it does.
I always feel Dennis is the eldest out of everyone, because he was in charge. They never really mention their ages except Dennis & Neville in Last Rites.

I've never looked at it like you said but yes I still feel younger than the lads and I'm now 40.

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:18 am

I know what you're saying. I think people did look older in those days.

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:55 pm

I definitely looked younger in 1986.

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:22 pm

At first I did think that they probably just looked older in them days. Their dated clothes and haircuts perhaps. But remember that Wayne is the only one who dresses younger then the rest, blue highlights in his hair and so on. Thus, if I had a time machine where I could send my present self to the year 1983, location Dusseldolf and park my DeLorean DMC-12 at the Beco building site then walked into that hut to join them, Oz would shout "Who are yee?" then Dennis would say: "Hey he's just a young lad you kna" even though I would be older then 6 of them. They would never believe me and I would tell them that I'm from the future and that I'm actually 41. I would fit in very easily and be very popular as they will be asking me who won the 4:30 for tomorrow night. I would also advise Neville to place a book under his T-shirt and wear a yellow builder's hat before Magowan arrives to thump him.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:55 pm

Fan Fiction stuff there mate. Now get gan ! :P

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:19 pm

Tracy wrote:Fan Fiction stuff there mate. Now get gan ! :P
DL Aye I think you're reet! :lol:

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:47 pm

You could also advise Neville not hide his money in his shoe the big daft bollock!

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:19 pm

I know exactly what you saying Richard. Have thought the same often.

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:22 pm

RHill wrote:At first I did think that they probably just looked older in them days. Their dated clothes and haircuts perhaps. But remember that Wayne is the only one who dresses younger then the rest, blue highlights in his hair and so on. Thus, if I had a time machine where I could send my present self to the year 1983, location Dusseldolf and park my DeLorean DMC-12 at the Beco building site then walked into that hut to join them, Oz would shout "Who are yee?" then Dennis would say: "Hey he's just a young lad you kna" even though I would be older then 6 of them. They would never believe me and I would tell them that I'm from the future and that I'm actually 41. I would fit in very easily and be very popular as they will be asking me who won the 4:30 for tomorrow night. I would also advise Neville to place a book under his T-shirt and wear a yellow builder's hat before Magowan arrives to thump him.
Now if you brought a dart board with ya AND splashed out on some arrows you could be one of the seven. Mox would just have to lump it in with the Turks.

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:35 am

Breaking Away wrote:
RHill wrote:At first I did think that they probably just looked older in them days. Their dated clothes and haircuts perhaps. But remember that Wayne is the only one who dresses younger then the rest, blue highlights in his hair and so on. Thus, if I had a time machine where I could send my present self to the year 1983, location Dusseldolf and park my DeLorean DMC-12 at the Beco building site then walked into that hut to join them, Oz would shout "Who are yee?" then Dennis would say: "Hey he's just a young lad you kna" even though I would be older then 6 of them. They would never believe me and I would tell them that I'm from the future and that I'm actually 41. I would fit in very easily and be very popular as they will be asking me who won the 4:30 for tomorrow night. I would also advise Neville to place a book under his T-shirt and wear a yellow builder's hat before Magowan arrives to thump him.
Now if you brought a dart board with ya AND splashed out on some arrows you could be one of the seven. Mox would just have to lump it in with the Turks.
So what you're saying is, I take over the character of Moxey and spend most episodes in bed blowing into my hanky? Hey I'm up for that!!

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:42 am

RHill wrote:
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet wrote:You could also advise Neville not hide his money in his shoe the big daft bollock!
I'll also advise Neville not to touch Oz's cash on the table to prevent his fingers from going green.

Shankly
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by Shankly » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:21 am

I was thinking something along these lines recently but more to do with the fact that I'm approx 10 years older than Dennis was then and how all the cast are so young , numerically speaking, in comparison. Tim Spall has just celebrated his 60th so he'd have been approx 25-26 when filming S1. Jimmy was late 20s.

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:46 am

I don't suppose they used as much stage make up then either. Also the average twenty odd year old bloke today is a lot more preened . Bloody spray tans and eyebrow shaping. Load of bloody nonsense.