Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Episodes Of My Years.....

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Episodes Of My Years.....

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:03 pm

Ok so I’m ripping of Ken Bruces ‘Tracks of my Years’ here a little. Choose an episode or several, describe how they have impacted your life, why they are your favourite, which one you keep coming back to etc etc.

I’ll be kicking this off later tonight with ‘Private Lives’ and what it means to be from 1991.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Re: Episodes Of My Years.....

Post by Tracy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Be something to look forward to that will ! :P

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:48 am

So here we gan!

Back in 91, I bought my first VHS of AWP, that being If I Were A Carpenter & Private Lives. Pre internet, I couldn’t work out how Moxey just ends up in the bog after not being in episode 1.

So Private Lives. What an episode, the incidental music will stay with me forever, those little snippets bring back so many memories. I would say I still watched If I Were more than Private Lives on the first purchase just down it being like a feature length film squeezed into 50 minutes.

Having it win the 2013 comp for favourite episode was another memorable blast, watching it at the Tyne Cinema with many of the cast and crew was surreal.

I still go back to these episodes even though they are now on separate DVD discs, as they feel like brother & sister after all these years. I also think whoever had the idea of putting these 2 episodes on one VHS tape was a genius, as I am sure it brought many fans 100 minutes of pure enjoyment.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:30 pm

'If I Were A Carpenter' for me. It all just clicked into place. My German and Geordie blood mixed with the opening credits as I sat down after my shift in the taxi office. One of those moments in life ya never forget. Each scene had something familiar and yet was new but the characters echoed people from my own past and present. I was riveted by story lines that matched some of my own but more others I knew. Some good laughs along with some cringe worthy home truths. Could not wait for the next episode. And that's my story loike.