Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Ali's Henchmen

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Ali's Henchmen

Post by RHill » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Every time I settle down with a cup of tea and a biscuit to watch the 'Cowboy' episode, it never fails to amaze me how the magnificent seven successfully managed to win that fight. These big blokes arrive in the Jag and must be pretty tough as Ali has hired them as heavies - and lets just look at who they have to fight? There's Barry The Radish..! Wayne certainly doesn't look capable judging by the size of his hips and Moxey gets winded in the belly after asking for some matches. Dennis looks like a dwarf after he climbs on one just for a piggy-back ride and didn't punch once. Now this is where it gets weird. As soon as Dennis yells: "Hit the bastard!", Brenda's other half suddenly swings into action and instantly changes into a violent deranged Mike Tyson-style madman by destroying the ribs of one of Ali's heavies with great force- not once, but repeatedly and didn't even stop when he almost broke his own hand. Now Oz only went for the ginger one. The plumber Harry Blackburn only went for the Freddie Boswell lookalike and we all know that Bomber took care of Baz. So I'm just wondering how the rest of the lads managed.

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ali's Henchmen

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:57 pm

It is a weird scene, 6 blokes crammed in a Jag/Daimler....

Why didn't they just come in a van, then again, Ali's Jag/Daimler had to get damaged to keep a storyline going....

Oz.
Brickie
Brickie

Post by Oz. » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:59 pm

Must of bin a bit cosy in the back!

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:07 pm

As the fight was heavily edited, I would of liked to seen the raw unedited footage of the fight to see how unconvincing it looked seeing Wayne constantly kicking one of the bad guys. My favourite bit is when Barry pretends he's dead then runs off when the coast is clear.

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Well, I am trying to get hold of the person in charge of the original videos, but its not easy going...

In time, I do hope I have the power (Not being big headed) to get things released.....

I have things in the pipeline.....

Lee

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:10 pm

I think it was just a case of filming it and putting it together.. trying not to miss all the action they wanted filmed.. Freddy Boswell lookalike!! :lol: That one got me!!
OP

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:14 pm

That would be amazing if you pull it off. We could all arrange a 'whip it out' on here to cover any costs.

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:23 pm

haha Yes Tim but when you see the back of his head with his white hair waving in the wind, it really reminds me of Freddie. You can almost imagine Nellie Boswell turning up screaming to Harry Blackburn to let go of her husband.

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:26 pm

Knowing Nellie she would probably want him for something and help Harry!! :lol:
OP

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:28 pm

:P haha

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:42 am

Yup, all those thugs in Ally's 4 seater "lovely motor squire!" Taking on The Magnificent 7, Harry guesting for Barry. Well lets be honest, you cant include B-B-B Barry in this one can ya?! But it is a great piece of fun especially Bomber dealing to Bazz in true wrestling style and Oz running over the car to fix Barry's assailent, "THERE !"
I love most of all the build-up with Harry singing "Do not forsake me ..." Bazz, "Weve come to persuade ya back to work." Oz, "Well yav just failed !" Harry smashing the windscreen with his monkey-wrench. I did read that Dennis calling Harry "MonkeyWrench" was from a cut scene when he first tooled up for the job. Anyone got anymore info on that?

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:22 am

Yes it was a cut scene, with Harry on the CB to Big Alice, his mrs.....it would be great to get hold of all the deleted scenes, it is a pity no one from ITV and similar don't reply to me regarding this....there is no money in it for them, I understand that, but I think we deserve to see them......

aufpetfan84
Plasterer
Plasterer

Post by aufpetfan84 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:22 pm

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet wrote:Yes it was a cut scene, with Harry on the CB to Big Alice, his mrs.....it would be great to get hold of all the deleted scenes, it is a pity no one from ITV and similar don't reply to me regarding this....there is no money in it for them, I understand that, but I think we deserve to see them......
Wonder if they still exist ?

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:20 pm

They filmed on video tape, didn't they? Chances might be slim.