Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

HOW did you all arrive at this site?

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

HOW did you all arrive at this site?

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:30 am

Hello.. One thing i asked on my own site around 2010, (as the hype was good back then for a new film) is where did the fans come from.. So.. with this site today for all things AWP i ask the same to anyone here.. and this is by all means NO way nasty to this site as i understand it could be read in a bad way.. im just interested to see why people still come on the net for AWP these days..

How did you come across Lee's site??

Why was you online looking for AWP stuff or info??

Was you just online looking for an episode to watch?

Was you looking for Paul Armstrong's old site?

Was you just seeing what AWP things are still online these days??

With me i saw Paul's site a year or two ago now.. (Maybe longer, not sure) when going there one day to see it had gone i wasnt happy, for a short time i even thought of starting a site for it myself.. but i dont know loads of stuff for AWP, where as with SCREAM movies and Ghostface as a character i did, anyway a while after i saw on Facebook that a page for AWP had thousands of 'Likes' and thought that was the page where most fans were.. after a while Lee posted up there that a new site was on the way.. and after seeing Richard Hill's location Videos i thought i had to do the same, not to try and better them in any way but to say to myself that i have been to the filming locations myself too and at the same time decided to film them and share them with other fans like Mr Hill did.. I e mailed Beesthorpe hoping for an answer, and not too long after i had a reply, saying they were going away but i could go there when they had got back, in due time i got up there, and filmed VERY little as i was mainly talking to Jean Matthews about filming and hearing her stories in which she had many to tell.. mainly i got pictures that day.. many of which actually appear on the end of the 'Return to Thornely Manor' video..
When seeing that Lee had progressed quite a bit with his site at the time i looked at the small amount of footage i had got, sadly it was so little i couldnt do much with it, so then i decided to contact Beesthorpe hall again to see if i could return again and film more of Mrs Matthews, maybe this time getting some of her stories on Camera.. i e mailed again and got a surprise response, but not in a good way.. i was told that in the January of 2012 Jean had sadly passed away.. It was September 2011 i was first there, and was gutted that months later i had this news.. Colin said i could return and it was then i went there again and filmed the first location video.. i never mentioned the bad news in the video as it felt wrong, because i was documenting the location as in the show, and not the family history and recent sad news as such.. i did get to know Colin well that day though.. a nice chap to say the least... it was after that the video went online i realised how many people had liked it and wanted more, including Lee! It was meant as a 'Stand alone' video and i NEVER thought i would be seeking out other locations even though i knew quite a few from living in Nottingham all my life.. looking at the videos now i realise how bad the quality is on some of them with me holding the camera or tripod still when driving normally.. finally glad to have some clever mounts to film off of.. even though the Road cam' is normally upside-down most the time.. but even so, i enjoy doing them and finding out history at the same time.. i have recently this week sent a letter to the chatterley residence, and only hope in the last video i can get it in there.. but with it being a house and not a shop or business as such im not holding my hopes up too high.. i hope to keep coming back here to the forum as often as possible and hope to keep getting the nice comments i do while the videos are stil being made.. Its all 'yo lot' that seem to view them again and again.. THANKS for that, with your enthiusiasm for more videos it helped me discover more places and visit them too!
I will be gutted when they end.. maye have to get a job and passport in the future and get over to Germany!

Anyway.. now the waffle is done.. concentrate on the main questions above my big block of text..

Tim
OP

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Re: HOW did you all arrive at this site?

Post by Breaking Away » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:08 am

Hi Tim,

I came across this site when looking for Paul's old one. I checked in on it every now and again and was disappointed that it hadn't been updated for a few years last time I looked in. I actually thought it was his site and had been given a facelift.

I got the dvds when they were released, after a campaign in 2001? demanding they did so. What a wait that was and the excitment when they arrived. For years I had been watching them on recorded from tv tapes, usually about every 6 months or so.
I hadn't watched them for a couple of years and then watched all back to back over a few weeks, olds and new and that's what made me check online to find Paul's site again.

I'm planning a uk/europe trip later this year, and COULD NOT believe when I saw the convention talk. I've held off booking flights for the moment hoping that the date to be made soon bacause I need to arranging things. (Please Lee, give us a date!) Coincidently when I last made the trip over, (from New Zealand) Paul was trying to get a convention then as well, to mark 20 years.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:22 am

I was on Google Images trawling for retro Speedway snaps. Took a break and typed in AWP. "The rest, as they say is history son !" Took me a while to get the courage [ Dutch courage ya mean !] and join up but Im getting the hang of it and I thououghly enjoy my daily doses. Of all the rubbish one could be addicted to these days, this is a sound option. And theres no hangover, or cure. Aufaholic's for Africa !!!

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:43 pm

What a great post Tim, and I have often wondered that myself.
I have had people from all over the world contacting me, and with Google Technology, I can see who's on the site in realtime, from where and a lot more. I have had people logging on from Iraq, and Afghanistan of all places, I can only assume its a soldier, or someone posted out there for work.

Anyway, the reason this site exists, is because Pauls doesn't. I spent many times visiting his site, and then one day it had gone, so I found my chance. I had wanted to do a website for Auf Pet for years, since Paul stopped updating, but there didn't seem no point.

Here we are today, bigger and hopefully better than ever, and still pulling stuff out of the closet for the fans and for me to see. I still get excited seeing old pictures, or new depending on how you look at it.

There is still lots to do, its about having time to do it. The Convention, Merchandise (Hopefully) more pictures from fans, Videos and more.

If anyone thinks Auf Wiedersehen, Pet has gone away quietly or people don't like it anymore, then how about some figures!

140,000 page views in January 2013.

Speaks for itself, and Auf Wiedersehen, Pet will live on. :D

Lee

dan slider
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by dan slider » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:58 pm

I arrived the same as most people, Looking at Paul's site for the last 12 years or so.
I only use to visit the forum as his site never got updated since 2003. But me and a guy called Hedley Irwin carried on playing the next line game on the forum up until early last year.
I, like most probably thought no one was intrested in the show anymore, until i came on to Lee's site and realised i couldn't be more wrong.

Great site, keep it up
Hey thats a canny jumper man!

AhhBrenda
Plumber
Plumber

Post by AhhBrenda » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:15 pm

I used to type auf pet to visit the other site.. with chat room attached.

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:18 pm

I can't remember how I discovered this site, but I can remember getting a Youtube message from some gadgy with a username called 'Eastenders something' talking about a possible future website. Anyway, crash bang wallop, I later discovered a year later or so that it was Lee. And judging by this website, dear me, he wasn't talking bollocks. You could almost be in Manhattan. Doooooor!! Hey I'm writing loads here, neebody gives a toss.

Brendan Mulcahy
Plasterer
Plasterer

Post by Brendan Mulcahy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:25 pm

One Saturday morning I googled AWF and hey presto. Thanks Lee and Tim et all I love it

Hedley Irwin
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hedley Irwin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:33 pm

dan slider wrote:I arrived the same as most people, Looking at Paul's site for the last 12 years or so.
I only use to visit the forum as his site never got updated since 2003. But me and a guy called Hedley Irwin carried on playing the next line game on the forum up until early last year.I, like most probably thought no one was intrested in the show anymore, until i came on to Lee's site and realised i couldn't be more wrong.

Great site, keep it up
Aye, I used to enjoy that.

I joined up after one of the admin's, who also posts on another forum that I frequent, provided a link to this site. I found that it more than filled the void left by the demise of Paul's site, so I'm still here.
I need some slippers, and some soap

Addy
Brickie
Brickie

Post by Addy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:16 pm

I think youtube has a lot of answer for in regards to interest in the series maintaining its popularity, ever since Youtube stopped capping video uploads at 10 mins and allowing the full program / films to be broadcast.
I knew of the old site, but it was neglected and it was a shame to see it like that, cos i loved the show, but the youtube vids got me back into it and i started to use Wikipedia to research what the actors were up to and looking at the back story of AWP, i think one day i just did a google search looking for more info on AWP and found this cracking place.
A site is only as good as the people who frequent it and i must congratulate all the contributors on here who still have great respect for AWP.
Who'd have thought 30 years ago we'd still be banging on about the lads and watching old episodes on a computer, i have to laugh when Oz bought that Telly, radio, cassette player in episode 3 or 4 and Neville was struggling to listen to the Sunderland game that wasn't...lol.
Rule Britannia, Marmalade & Jam,
5 Chinese crackers up your a**ehole,
Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang!

poxeymoxey
Plumber
Plumber

Post by poxeymoxey » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:37 am

I was just browsing the net and keyed in AWP and found this site. Originally I thought it was Paul Armstrongs site that had been updated. How wrong could I have been. It's that and more. Love it. A lot of work has gone into it and it shows.

Wal-NUFC
Plumber
Plumber

Post by Wal-NUFC » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:28 am

I think it was when the show was on the 'yesterday' channel, google got this site up high and I caught glimpse of it, and hey presto

pete wareham
Brickie
Brickie

Post by pete wareham » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:51 pm

I came across the site by accident on youtube looking at old clips of pet, it said something about locations,and soon came across the sight, i was quite surprised i thought that i was the only person obsessed with all things pet.I remember watching it one friday night thinking it looked promising, and for the next 12 weeks along with most of the nation i was hooked, it was one ofthe few shows back then that could empty pubs, i subsequently bought the videos in the 90s and the dvds in 2006, i get them out every now and again and still a kick out of them, ive reached Cowboys so i might put it on later, anyway keep up the good work lads Tim Lee and the rest of the site admin.

houseoffraser
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by houseoffraser » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:21 pm

Twitter, there is a AWP site on there and dont know if its the same guys but a link to this site was on there the other day.....

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Aye, that would be me also @aufwiedpet also follow Tim @ghostacecouk plus many of the stars on there too....