Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

How Old Are You?

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

redandwhiterob
Plasterer
Plasterer

Re: How Old Are You?

Post by redandwhiterob » Mon May 13, 2013 10:42 am

Rob 38 from County Durham. Have very vague memories of watching the very first series and the second series is more vivid for me. Lost count of the times I have watched it since. Never spoke to one person who has watched the first two series who has not absolutely loved it

Addy
Brickie
Brickie

Post by Addy » Thu May 16, 2013 8:13 pm

I'm 44 and watched the original series back in 83, my stepdad was a great fan of the show and with only 4 channels back then, it wasn't a difficult decision what to watch on a Friday night, i was 15 at the time and just about to leave school, where i got a job as a spark, so AWP might be partly responsible for my career choice.
Rule Britannia, Marmalade & Jam,
5 Chinese crackers up your a**ehole,
Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang!

squidbrain
Electrician
Electrician

Post by squidbrain » Thu May 16, 2013 8:43 pm

i was born in 1970 so i was 13 when it was first aired. as brilliant today as it was then..!!
Adult..and liable to cause offence.

Vicksmoxey
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Vicksmoxey » Fri May 17, 2013 6:28 pm

40, and remember watching parts of the first series when it was originally on the telly, it was popular in my house. One of the bits that stuck in my mind prior to the release on VHS/DVD, was when Oz was sitting in Dennis' sisters house scratching his kabuni whilst talking to Moxey. And that was from the 2nd series.

Samc87
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Samc87 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:14 pm

Sam 26 from glasgow started watching auf pet about three years ago on itv4 now watch it on YouTube all the time like.

LeeW
Plasterer
Plasterer

Post by LeeW » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Age 44,class of '83.

I had those edited versions on tape for ages (they might still be in the attic) and still half expect the swear words to be edited.I know the brothel scene was cut out.

During the 90's repeats,my landlord held the door closed for a laugh so I couldn't get in to watch.
"Lee,they're fighting (outside Thornley Manor) " he said.
I barged the door and went straight through the glass panel,nearly chopping my finger off in the process,and had to be rushed to hospital for a skin graft.Could have been much worse really.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Did you say 'skin graft' ? I hope ya doont mind but could you do anything aboot me tattoo ???

The Magnificent 7
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by The Magnificent 7 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:33 pm

I'm 22, got into Auf Pet when my dad was watching the repeats, can't remember how old I was exactly but all I remember is I was hooked from then on. I started watching the repeats from then on whenever they were shown, then a couple of years ago I got the box set for Christmas and I'm surprised I haven't worn out the discs. It's become an obsession as I can't go more than a day or two without watching a couple of episodes of Auf Pet.

HerrPfister
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by HerrPfister » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:51 pm

LeeW wrote:Age 44,class of '83.

I had those edited versions on tape for ages (they might still be in the attic) and still half expect the swear words to be edited.I know the brothel scene was cut out.

During the 90's repeats,my landlord held the door closed for a laugh so I couldn't get in to watch.
"Lee,they're fighting (outside Thornley Manor) " he said.
I barged the door and went straight through the glass panel,nearly chopping my finger off in the process,and had to be rushed to hospital for a skin graft.Could have been much worse really.
Aye, you could have had 5 pts of Jorman blood swimming aroond inside of you...

Andy H
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by Andy H » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:10 pm

46. Started watching it from the very start in '83.

peter gordino
Brickie
Brickie

Post by peter gordino » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:31 pm

i feel quite old now im 55 watched first episode and been the biggest fan ever since. never cud get into the later series i still watched them but for me the writing was no where near as sharp in many ways the first series 1 2 was less complecated and simple story lines that worked so much better. any way see u all on sept wk end.