Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Series 2 Weird parts

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Kemal
Plumber
Plumber

Re: Series 2 Weird parts

Post by Kemal » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:11 pm

Gary M wrote:Beeston back then was great for a pub crawl if you like your backstreet boozers. At least a dozen if I remember, all easily walkable. You had to keep your mouth shut in some places if you didn't have the Notts accent as the Uni was next door and some of the punters didn't take kindly to students. But it all added to the charm! Haven't been back in years. Like everything, I'm sure it's nothing like I remember, sadly.
Sounds like Bingham, lovely place when we first got there to take photos. I got a iffy feel for the place when we saw a load of teen chav hoodies riding around on bikes in that precinct at the top.

We went to a boozer for some grub, the big one at the lights but were too late as they had stopped serving food. Looking back Im glad cos it looked as rough as a badgers in there.

HerrPfister
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by HerrPfister » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:16 am

Tracy wrote:Episode 5, A Home from Home. Finished work in the Manor for the day and Barry tells Oz, "Rosy Lea for me." Nev says he is not going to spend his evening looking for a pub they've not been barred from. So he's off to work for Sir James. Questions; how does he get there? Dont think he borrows Dennis' wagon because thats how they go back to the Barley Mow to appeal to Tiger. Does he borrow Wayne's BMW, done in a scene we never saw like? Or Barry's van perhaps? Has he found a bike because I think it would be an aweful long walk, unless Sir James lives next door. Does he ???
Probably got outside, realised he had no wheels, and went nude badger watching instead...

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:23 am

Aye, that must be it ! Thinkin aboot it further, he couldnt have borrowed Wayne's motor because the Cockney went and bought the tv and video. So nude badger watching it is !!!

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:50 pm

Herr Ullrich wrote:her husband the gormless git, he played Jumbo Mills in Only Fools and Horses. There again is a similie, didn't he want to import posh motors into OZ with Delboys help. In AWP he was impounding posh motors !
He was also in an episode of the first series of OFAH when he played an unnamed Aussie who buys a dodgy car off Del :D

This always confuses me: When the lads go to confront Pringle with the Tiger Tape, why do they use Barry's small van and not the camper van? (Bit of a heap innit? S'alreet - gans champion!) Seems really odd that five of them would cram in the back of there, and I'm not sure we even see all seven get out.

Wal-NUFC
Plumber
Plumber

Post by Wal-NUFC » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:38 pm

AWP Corsa Tim wrote:She just had that sort of voice i think!! Soft and young sounding! :)
who Hazel? if she did, then I must be Maggie Thatcher mate.

Wal-NUFC
Plumber
Plumber

Post by Wal-NUFC » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:48 pm

Gary M wrote:Beeston back then was great for a pub crawl if you like your backstreet boozers. At least a dozen if I remember, all easily walkable. You had to keep your mouth shut in some places if you didn't have the Notts accent as the Uni was next door and some of the punters didn't take kindly to students. But it all added to the charm! Haven't been back in years. Like everything, I'm sure it's nothing like I remember, sadly.
I keep my mouth shut even in Newcastle, somehow I have been diluted beyond repair.
First wife from Cheshire buggered it all up for me, then living in London 15 years took care of the rest, so I just put on black and white strips and hope for the best.

Musta bin Elbowed
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Musta bin Elbowed » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:06 pm

The newspaper in one of the Spanish episodes with the headline 'Holiday Brits slam robbery smear' - the text of the story is about someone from Howard's Way having cancer.

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:28 am

Good spotting!
I will peruse the archives later, see if I can find a date...

HerrPfister
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by HerrPfister » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:14 am

AWP Corsa Tim wrote:Another little Weird bit... When Mrs Bellamy goes to the manor to tell Dennis to stop work, we can all CLEARLY see Sgt Ives stood there.. yet in the next episode we hear him say to Dennis that he heard that he had to stop work.. ??? Strange.. as he was there when Dennis was told!
I've cracked this one. There's a 'Hot Fuzz' scenario going on here. Obviously the original Sgt. Ives that we see can't be on patrol 24/7, so when he's enjoying a quiet pint in the Barley Mow, his identical twin brother, who has also risen to the ranks of Sergeant, is on duty. Dennis encountered the original Sgt. Ives upon arrival at the manor, and the twin a couple of days later when he was on the way to the phone box.

Simples.

Howay, let's gan & get that pint...

:P

Pete M
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by Pete M » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:17 pm

Right. This is a bit pedantic and trivial, but after a bit of a break I decided to have a run through series two again to cheer myself up.
So the scene where Barry is taking the photo of the 'lads' was a clever plotline tool, in terms of setting the scene for ROT7 part one.
The only problem for me watching it again, is that all the lads have aged a bit, have different haircuts, different costumes etc...
Kind of took away the magic a bit on re watching, knowing that it was all around or near Lenton Lane.
Anyway, still magic once you get into it. Just weird to see Gary Holtons odd hair, Tim Spall about two stone heavier than series 1, Tim Healy and Kevin Whately with longer hair, Jimmy Nail looking heavier, Pat Roach about a stone heavier and bigger beard etc etc
Still f***ing love it though!! Sorry for my ramblings.

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:21 pm

You can also notice how Colins jeans get tighter and tighter in 'The Fugitive' Series 1.
I know I have gone off the Series 2 bit, but Barrys tighter Jeans are quite noticeable in the ROT7P1 episode... :lol:

Gary M
Plasterer
Plasterer

Post by Gary M » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:35 pm

Pete M wrote:Right. This is a bit pedantic and trivial, but after a bit of a break I decided to have a run through series two again to cheer myself up.
So the scene where Barry is taking the photo of the 'lads' was a clever plotline tool, in terms of setting the scene for ROT7 part one.
The only problem for me watching it again, is that all the lads have aged a bit, have different haircuts, different costumes etc...
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet wrote:I know I have gone off the Series 2 bit, but Barrys tighter Jeans are quite noticeable in the ROT7P1 episode... :lol:
The bigger problem for me is how the film in the camera survived after the hut burned down. But I think Lee's observation explains it - he must've kept the camera down his jeans all along, which explains the tightness. :D

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:03 pm

Gary M wrote:
Pete M wrote:Right. This is a bit pedantic and trivial, but after a bit of a break I decided to have a run through series two again to cheer myself up.
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet wrote:I know I have gone off the Series 2 bit, but Barrys tighter Jeans are quite noticeable in the ROT7P1 episode... :lol:
The bigger problem for me is how the film in the camera survived after the hut burned down. But I think Lee's observation explains it - he must've kept the camera down his jeans all along, which explains the tightness. :D
Never thought of that regarding the photo surviving. :)

Hedley Irwin
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hedley Irwin » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:13 pm

He must have taken the film in to be developed immediately after taking the photo.
I need some slippers, and some soap

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:19 pm

Aye, he did need to get a shift on before they all cleared off like. Pride and place on top of everyones mantlepieces