Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

What does Auf Wiedersehen, Pet mean to you.

General chat about all things Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

What does Auf Wiedersehen, Pet mean to you.

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Fri May 24, 2013 11:47 am

I might ask Tim to start a new section for this.
What does Auf Wiedersehen, Pet mean to you?

I will do my bit later, as I don't fancy typing all of it on my phone.

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Re: What does Auf Wiedersehen, Pet mean to you.

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Fri May 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Let me know if you want a section adding.. i'll explain my liking of Pet' soon as im doing an image at the moment on the same subject.. :P
OP

Hedley Irwin
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by Hedley Irwin » Fri May 24, 2013 2:49 pm

AWP is my life Mox
I need some slippers, and some soap

AlreetPal
Legal Advisor
Legal Advisor

Post by AlreetPal » Fri May 24, 2013 3:23 pm

Last edited by AlreetPal on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shut ya yak will ya man, you snivelling little git.

We're sophisticated blokes us, ya know.

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Fri May 24, 2013 9:36 pm

I only think of aufpet when I'm awake, at night when I'm dreaming I think of carpentry

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sat May 25, 2013 9:36 am

I don't want to get too emotional...

When I was about 11, Auf Wiedersehen, Pet came into my life.
It was about 1990, and TV was still quite good back then, but nothing like it is today. TV is now ruined, there is too many channels, too many docu soaps, and crap such as The Only Way is Essex. The sooner that shite goes off the TV the better, and make sure you take the rest of the bile with you!

Anyway, back to Auf Wiedersehen, Pet!
I think, no I know, 'Pet' is such a huge part of my life, and has made me make certain decisions, whether they were good or bad, I will never know. I know every episode like the back of my hand, and whenever I have a shitty day, even going through the motions of an episode in my head, can make me turn a corner.

Those 7 lads are my best mates, and even now watching, Barry in my life is always doing his house up at this present time. I might be a little bit mental, but that's how it is.

When I started this site, I never knew it would grow into what it is now, and never did I think we would be having a celebration of the show in its 30th year, organised by me, David Gardner a a few others.

We now have the largest collection of pictures, magazines and stories on the Forum, which I can say has never been as popular. It has only just been online over a year, and we have achieved a monumental pi...er, achievement.

This year will see the launch of Merchandise, the first one being for sale in early June!

'Pet is a massive part of my life now, but my family is a bigger part, just to clarify :D

We still have lots to do, and I hope as a group, we can do much more.

The next step is finding the original master tapes, and hunting down some missing/deleted scenes. Many believe they might be too knackered now, but until we find them, we won't know. I am already on it with ITV, and they have told me it will cost money to do this, but I know its what every fan wants, apart from a new series of course.

Lee

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Sat May 25, 2013 1:11 pm

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet wrote:I don't want to get too emotional...

Howay bonny lad. Get it out of your system and then you can face the lads.

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Sat May 25, 2013 1:39 pm

It's a bit of an obsession really. The fact that after all the years that have passed, I still used to google aufpet every now and again proves that. Now that I've found this site I'm more into it than than ever. It used to be watching the lads in the first 2 series every 6 months or so. Since this site, I'm watching them several times a week.It's got to the stage where I feel a bit guilty about it and when asked what I was doing today, I won't mention I watched 3 episodes of aufpet and checked the forum 4 times during the day. I feel like I've got another woman.
The other thing is how much I speak aufpet and no longer notice that I am. I'll say "aye" several times a day. What's the word then and bollocks.
My daughter's started watching now and will say "hey, that's what you say!"
I'm a bit embarrassed to admit, but I'm amongst friends, that since the convention page was updated to an announcement was imminent, I'm checking the website on my phone when getting up in the middle of the night for a slash.

Yours till the next point of interest...

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sat May 25, 2013 8:34 pm

Jesus Breaking, your really into it now lad!

I must admit, I check this Forum at least 20 times a day, and because of you and Tracy being in NZ, the Forum is always running....I must admit, I check it first thing in the morning and last thing at night, just to get the latest gossip from you lot.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sat May 25, 2013 9:25 pm

Aye, day by day; morning cuppa with toast, jam or marmite ! Check e.mails then Pet. Home from work, cuppa Pet. And before bunkhoose, Pet fix !!! Sometimes I sneak a look at other times too. Well it makes change !!!

The Magnificent 7
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by The Magnificent 7 » Sun May 26, 2013 12:49 pm

I think my love for AWP has now become an obsession. I wasn't lucky enough to be around the first time it was shown as I wasn't born until 1990. Now I can't remember what age I was exactly when I first saw an episode of AWP but at a guess I must have been about 11-12. My dad was watching the repeats and I remember thinking it was brilliant, it must have been a series 2 espisode as I vaguely remember scenes from The Barley Mow and Spain.

Anyway that was it for a few years and then they started repeating the episodes back to back on ITV4 on Monday nights. That was when I truly fell in love with the show. The next Christmas One of my presents from my mum and dad was the series 1 and 2 box set on DVD, and in terms of value for money and how much use I've got out of it, it certainly has to go down as one of the best things I've ever had.

It's very rare that I go a couple of days without watching episodes of AWP, and when I put the DVD on I can't just watch one episode I have to watch at least two episodes most often more. Now this might sound weird but often if I'm bored in work I'll find myself replaying scenes of AWP in my head. I always use quotes from the show in everyday life and nobody has a clue what I'm talking about, so it's been brilliant to come onto this site where I can discuss the show with my fellow enthusiasts.

I feel privileged to be able to watch such brilliantly written TV and the parts of The Magnificent 7 couldn't have been cast better. This may sound corny but when ever I have a bad day I watch a couple of episodes of AWP and it just lets me escape and I feel better for it. I honestly can't put into words just how much it does mean to me as I find it quite hard to put into words that will do it enough justice but I hope that this has given a little indication of how much AWP means to me.

Keep up the good work on the site, it truly is a brilliant place to come and discuss the show, sorry for the long post, Thank you.

Breaking Away
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Breaking Away » Sun May 26, 2013 3:58 pm

Hello. My name is Breaking Away and I'm an aufaholic. I haven't watched an episode for 3 days now...

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sun May 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Breaking Away wrote:Hello. My name is Breaking Away and I'm an aufaholic. I haven't watched an episode for 3 days now...
What! Better get one on quick!

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Mon May 27, 2013 12:34 am

Aye man, otherwise it could prove fatal !

HerrPfister
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by HerrPfister » Mon May 27, 2013 9:04 am

How fatal?