Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

The Wonders of Oz

A Place for the fans versions of AWP

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Re: The Wonders of Oz

Post by 936trt » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:06 pm

Nev is sat in the garden with the folder in one hand and a beer in the other. He was re-living the sick feeling he'd had after Dennis had told him about Brenda's infidelities, and wondering how things would have changed if Den had told him at the time.Would I have been better off knowing he asked himself? A clean break then would mean avoiding those miserable later years of his marriage.
Suppose that Oz had suspicions or already knew? Nev discounted this theory as he felt sure Oz would have said something before now .
The next thought was to discuss this with Dennis and Barry. Both had experience in failed relationships. Of course Den is Oz's oldest friend plus Barry and Oz had bonded after sharing a painful experience from their time in Cuba.

Nev 'phones Dennis and arranges to meet in the bar at the Leisure Dome.

A swarthy man in a business suit is ringing the bell to Moxey and Chrissy's new flat. Moxey answers.

Man: " Hello Mr...." he consulted his clip board "....Moxey."

Moxey: " Who are you and what do you want,I'm busy at the moment?"

Man: " Can I come in sir?"

Moxey: " No.I want to know who you are and what you want before I let you in."

Man: " I'm from Immigration and we require details of your employment and nationality to complete your residency documentation while you are here in Espagne."

Moxey: " Have you any id?"

Man: " Yes I have." He half turned at the sound of a car door closing .He turned back to Moxey with a huge grin displaying very white teeth. " My colleague will vouch for me sir." Moxey glanced to his left as a figure appeared on the Man's right.It was at then that Moxey's interrogator reached forward when with a quick uppercut and helped by his colleaguethey were able to transfer Moxey to their vehicle and drive away .

Dennis: " Hi Nev ,what's the problem, I was finishing up at that tyre and exhaust place just south of the marina ."

Neville: " Now then kiddah. This place is becoming a home from home eh?"

Dennis: " Aye it could well be, but you didn't drag my arse round here for a bit chat. Nev, you've got that look on your face, what the hell's going on?"

Neville: " We've just had a bit of a bombshell dropped on us Den. Pru got this from Heather and I need to talk to you about Oz ,or really I suppose it's more about Ofelia. Look at these ."

As Den looked through the pictures he groaned . " Hells teeth Nev.I guess Oz doesn't know about this?"

Neville: " I 've thought about it and I don't think so. My guess would be he would have said something before now."

Dennis: " Bloody hell, I know how he was the first time he lost her but then there was an upside getting Barry released,this time there's nowt like that. "

Neville: " I'm sorry to do this Den , I know it looks like I'm kicking the can down the road but you and him go back a long way .I think we should bring Barry in on this as well, after all they became close friends during the Cuba gig."

Dennis: " I take it you think we should tell him?"

Neville: " There is a bit more to this. There has been an exchange of emails between Ofelia and this guy, he's called Benito.He came on the scene a few months ago. Pru's contact for the Caribbean Derek, figures that Claudia is behind it and introduced Benito ,who is a distant relation,at a time when Oz wasn't in Ofelia's good books."

Dennis: " If she is still in touch with this guy then maybe they have longer term plans, you know like Bomber would say more than a shag in the sun."

Neville: " Yes that's what I was thinking but we need to have proof before we confront Oz ."

Dennis: " I can imagine what he's going to do when he finds out."

Neville: " He's going to need his friends at a time like this I reckon."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:06 pm

"Poor old Mox." :cry:

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:09 pm

Chrissy 'phoned Dennis asking if he knew of Moxey's whereabouts.

Dennis: " Hiyah pet ,sorry haven't seen him this morning but didn't he have to go to that tyre fitters first thing?"

Chrissy: " Yes and I thought he had when he wasn't here for breakhast but when I 'phoned them they said he hadn't turned up this morning. Dennis I'm worried it's not like him ,he usually lets me know where he's going."

Dennis: " Don't worry pet I'm sure there's a simple explanation.I'll make a few calls and get back to you."

Kenny has just finished a conversation with Father Beneficio.He put down the 'phone ,put his head in his hands and yelled. Vicky came running through from the kitchen.

Vicky: " What the hell is wrong Kenny ,what are you shouting for?"

Kenny: " Sorry, sorry Vicky I've just had some more bad news. Do you know where Oz is ?"

Vicky: " He was visiting Sara Victoria and then meeting up with the lads. Why?"

Kenny: " Is Ofelia still in her rooms?"

Vicky: " I think they had a row last week and she hasn't been out for days, why do you ask?"

Kenny: " Earlier on Ross and Derek ,who incidentally were acting on my orders,intercepted email correspondence between Cuba and here which will be of interest to Oz.Also that last call was from Father Ben. He informed me that one of our number has been abducted by friends of the Stille brothers and is currently on his way to Sicily. We need to contact Solly urgently.Our ex Nazi friends have Moxey and will be making demands for the safe return of the brothers."

By the time Oz had made his way to Dennis' he 'd heard from Vicky about Moxey's kidnapping, and that Kenny wanted to talk to him about some emails picked up by Ames security coming from Cuba.
He 'phoned back and said he would call round after seeing the lads and had Kenny alerted the police after hearing from Father Ben. Vicky suggested someone should let Chrissy know that everything that could be done was in hand.

When Oz got to Dennis' he immediately 'phoned Ross and got the message he and Derek intercepted earlier.Oz played it on loudspeaker for the benefit of Nev and Den.

"We have the spy you sent to Argentina. If you want him back unharmed contact this number and do not involve police ."

Dennis: " Bloody hell when did this happen?"

Oz: " As far as I know first thing this morning, before he set out to the tyre fitters."

Neville: " Does Chrissy know anything about this?"

Dennis: " No man ,she 'phoned me earlier asking if I knew where he was, she sounded in a right panic."

Neville: " Well this isn't going to make her feel any better,is it?" At that they heard Barry coming in .

Barry: " Helloooo lads another really hot day .It would be nice to have a bit of rain, just to remind us of West Bromwich. You're all serious what's up?" Dennis nodded to Oz who related the events up to being told Moxey had been kidnapped.

Dennis: " Oz you said that you are going to meet up with Kenny later?"

Oz: " Aye we'll have to talk with the Wiesenthal guys about getting Moxey back and there was something about emails from Cuba.Why do you ask?"

Dennis: " We think we know what these emails might be about. " Oz noted that the lads were exchanging glances and that Barry was rolling his eyes.

Oz: " What's going on I'm getting the feeling there's something I'm missing ,am I right?"

Dennis: " Oz I think you'd better have another drink, we've got some news ,some bad news for you."

Oz: " Shovels of shite Den what the hell are you on about ,you're going to say Newcastle have been relegated?" Oz's attempt to make light of the situation had no effect on the grim faces around him. He took another drink. " Howay man if this is a joke I'm not bloody laughing."

Dennis: " It's not a joke Oz . Please just sit down and listen. None of us like doing this but we think you need to know."

Barry: " Oz you and me have history and you know all of us have your best interest at heart."

Dennis: " Oz are you and Ofelia still ,you know ok, happy with each other?" At that Oz stood up and made a move toward Dennis but Nev and Barry got to their feet and stood in front of him.

Neville: " Oz man what's up with you, we're trying to help here, there's no reason to get physical with any of us.Dennis is your oldest mate."

Oz: " What's it got to do with any of you what's between Ofelia and me are you just wanting to bad mouth Ofelia, I've decked guys for less."

Dennis: " You should know me better than that mate. This is to do with evidence that we think was going to be used to split up your marriage and the business that came from Kenny Ames. There is a finger pointing to Claudia Ortiz who is not your favourite fan ."

Barry: " Someone has taken advantage of the time you and Ofelia were apart.We know she was in Cuba for a long period until her mother told her to come back .In that period someone got close to Ofelia, a distant relation,and we think it was reciprocated."

Oz: " Absolute bollocks ,if anybody else suggests my wife has been playing away from home I bloody flatten them."

Dennis: " Oz man,Oz, calm down we wouldn't just say something like this,you know us man. We have proof if you must know." Nev shook his head as Dennis was going to pass the folder over to Oz.

Neville: " Oz you know young Ross , he's a canny lad , well he came across some email correpondence between Ofelia and a guy called Benito. He was worried that it was malicious so took his concern to Kenny rather than you as he didn't want to upset you if it all turned out be shite."

Dennis: " Aye that's what he said to ...." Dennis never finished the sentence because Oz was in tears and Barry was holding him as he sobbed.

Barry: " Let it all out Oz, it's a bastard I know .We've all been let down .I know how it feels."

Neville was caught up in the moment.He couldn't recall seeing Oz so desperately unhappy and desolated.

Dennis: " We're all so very sorry mate if there's anything we can do just tell us . I'll give Kenny a bell and explain what's happened."

In between sobs Oz tried to explain that he too had had his suspicions but didn't want to believe the signs.He had no doubt that it was true,he knew they wouldn't lie to him. They bundled him into his car and took him back to Barry's.

On their return to Dennis' it was Nev who spoke first.

Neville: " Thank god we didn't need to show him those pictures.That could have pushed him over the edge."

Dennis: " From where I was I think he was pretty close . Tomorrow will be worse."

Barry: " Youre not wrong Den but he'll tough it out I reckon."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:26 pm

:cry:

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:06 pm

Kenny was speaking with Father Ben having explained Oz's temporary absence,and agreed to the fathers' suggestion of acting as intermediary with the abductors in Sicily.

Kenny: " So your intel is there is a Mafia connection to the Argentinians who sprung Ulrich and they want the exchange to be on their turf in Sicily?"

Father Ben: " I believe this to be the case.I had word from Solly earlier and they agreed to the exchange but that we don't flag this up yet."

Kenny: " I sense a complication rearing it's head?"

Father Ben: " My feelings also, and I asked Solly to explain. He said it should not appear that they were releasing the Stille's so readily , and we are to make it look like we were having difficulty in persuading them and so on and so forth."

Kenny: " What's the plan,do you know?"

Father Ben: " I didn't ask,I just initiate travel arrangements. According to Bobby I understand the Sara Victoria is ready for sea ?

Kenny: " Indeed. We will be a party of five, the rest of our people being unavailable.I estimate two days,maybe three,and we will find you in Barcelona."

Father Ben: " Excellent, and Solly is aware they stipulated no Wiesenthal people at the exchange.We need to arrange with him when and where we pick up the Stille's."

Kenny: " Sounds like a plan my man.Let me know when you know."

Unsurprisingly Oz hardly slept . Barry and Tatiana took turns to watch over him . They assumed he would sleep because of the quantity of alcohol consumed. They were wrong.
The following morning Tatiana tried to get Oz to eat advising that a full stomach was required for the task ahead. He shook his head and then winced.

Tatiana: " I will drive you over to the castle Oz. Barry has things to do. Is there anything else you want before we go?"

Oz: " What's Barry got on ?"

Tatiana: " It's something to do with the lease on the offices and they want him to sign something.Nothing to worry about. Do you want more coffee, if not let's go."

Once in the car Tatiana began to talk. Oz wondered if this was to keep him focussed or if she couldn't help it.

Tatiana: "I must tell you again Oz.Ofelia let us all know how unkind you have been. We thought that was not true. When she said her mother tell her to return we thought that was true. But this is easy to prove so why lie?"

Oz: " I hear what you are saying Tatiana." She looked across at him and frowned.

Tatiana: " If you want to hear from me I have a view. Ok ? " Oz just nodded." Ok .You know she really has always been a home bird. She tell you years ago her life is in Cuba with her family. She travels all over the world with the ballet. She is a big wheel, first dancer ,prima ballerina. We say big fish now in a small sea."

Oz: " Pond Tatiana."

Tatiana : " Yes , pond. SMALL pond. So now this stops , she has Sofie and now a husband who is big fish in big pond. He does not always come home ,someone tells her he plays away. We think Claudia sees a chance.While Ofelia she is in Cuba introduces Benito.He is impressed with famous ballerina, a fan. He sees opportunity for you say, leg over." Oz winced when he heard the expression. Tatiana noticed .

Tatiana: " I am sorry Oz. I hear you and Barry say this. Sorry. We are there.Do you want me to be with you?"

Oz: " No pet . I have to handle this myself.Thank you and tell Barry thanks for last night."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:33 pm

... for you say, leg over. :lol:

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:58 am

As Oz makes his way to his apartment he sees Vicky head across to intercept him.

Vicky: " Dear me lad did you tie one on last night ? Don't answer . Can I have a quick word?"

Oz: " Let me guess,the bush telegraph? "

Vicky: " That's not fair Oz. Kenny and I are concerned. We'd guessed the lads must have told you about the emails from Cuba and when we couldn't contact you we got worried. I'm really sorry Oz and I know Kenny feels the same. He wants to see you when you have a minute by the way. I guess now you're going to see Ofelia ? Later. " Vicky put a hand on his arm and walked back to the ground floor offices.

Oz: " Thanks pet.Tell Kenny I'll see him after."

As Oz reached his rooms he could hear music, and Sofie laughing.

Oz: " Hello Sofie ,where's your mammy?" Sofie looked up ,she was playing with a broken clockwork toy.

Sofie: " Hello Daddy , she's in there." She pointed to an area of the sitting room christened the concert hall after Oz had set up a pair of speakers and his old cd player. He walked through and found Ofelia ,arms folded and gazing out of the window to the sea. She turned and spoke.

Ofelia: " Good morning stranger. Do you recognise this , it's the music for the ballet Sleeping Beauty ?"

Oz: " Yes .I do. It was a long time ago in Havana. You were very different then."

Ofelia: " I am the same person ,it is you who changed." She turned away from him , picked up Sofie and walked toward the window.

Oz: " Ofelia I haven't come here to fight with you but I must say that until yesterday my feelings for you had not changed. "

Ofelia turned quickly to face him . " This I cannot believe from a man who stays away from his wife and child."

Oz: " As I just said I'm not here to argue or fight with you, just to tell you I'm divorcing you on the grounds of your adultery."

Ofelia was going to interrupt right up until she heard Oz's last words . She stood open mouthed , not saying anything.

Oz continued." I promise you I'll make provision for Sofie and hope we can agree about her future welfare. I expect you will want to return to Cuba as soon as possible ? "

Ofelia : " What are you saying, you accuse me of adultery ? "

Oz: " Yes, and I have proof .Do you want me to show you ? " Oz could feel his head throbbing and was wishing he had taken the offer of breakfast.

Ofelia had gone pale .She put Sofie down and took a seat .Her expression changed from anger to embarrasment.

Ofelia: " This is not my fault....." Oz held up his hand ,palm outward and stopped her in mid sentence.

Oz: " Please pet,not in front of Sofie.She's only two but you can see she knows we're not happy. I'm going to stay somewhere else for a while .Let Vicky or Kenny know what your plans are. This card has the name and address of my solicitor. I hope you find what you're looking for with Benito. Goodbye pet."

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:06 pm

Barry and Wyman are on their way to meet with the lads in the Leisure Dome.

Barry: " Good flight Wyman?"

Wyman: " Ok Barry . I still haven't got used to leaving the little one though ,she looks at me when I drive off whether it's a local journey or a long haul like this . Anyway how long have you had this car, it's very swish ?"

Barry: " A few weeks ,we both use it,Tatiana thinks it impresses the clients."

Wyman: " I remember the last Bentley you had."

Barry : " So do I. I'd rather forget. Anyway how are things in the US of A?"

Wyman: " If you mean the business it's going well. Everyone is pleased with the scheme,it's getting more street cred with the young 'uns now, especially when they see the structures taking shape. So tell me Barry any change with the Moxey situation ,and how is Chrissy really doing ?"

Barry: " There's no change at the moment. As you might expect Chrissy puts on a brave face but is really worried. She's told Tatiana all sorts, you know how she is.More than we wanted to know actually, but now she's looking for someone to blame. Herself for one since she thinks she should have tried harder to get Moxey to retire on the proceeds from the sale of Chrysalis.Of course he wouldn't 'cos he said it's hers not his. She also thinks there was not the level of protection promised when Moxey agreed to do what Kenny wanted."

Wyman: " She knows that Moxey would never have agreed to taking Chrysalis money. I know my mum.If she keeps on pushing it they'll have a falling out,I'm telling you. Anyway what's the plan to get him back?"

Barry: " We leave tonight on the Lady Sara Vic ,pick up Father Ben and Stefano on the way and head off in the general direction of Sicily. "

Wyman: " What's this Chrissy said about Oz not coming? "

Barry: " That's correct. Long story short. He's split from Ofelia and is divorcing her, I'm not sure if you got that already from Heather or Pru . He had a meeting with Kenny yesterday and I understand he's spending the next few days thinking things through. Somewhere. Vicky told Dagmar he's not in good shape which is understandable."

Wyman: " Their little one is about two years old same as Mai.It's sad when children are involved."

Barry: " Yes,that's young to lose a parent."

Wyman: " Yeah,but there were lots of folks to help out when Mai 's mum died. What's the position in Cuba which is where Ofelia will be heading I guess?"

Barry: " No idea kiddah, but Ofelia's mother will help I'm sure. It remains to be seen if this Benito guy will step up. We know Ofelia never really wanted to leave Cuba so now we'll see how it pans out.Ho hum, we're here."

As they walked into the bar Chrissy came running over and gave Wyman a big hug.

Wyman: " Hi mum,how are you? "

Chrissy : " Better for seeing you son.Are you well,how's that little girl,and what's Mel doing?"

Wyman: " Yes, ok, and she's fine in that order. You never change do you?"

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:00 pm

Got a feeling there is more to this Benito character to come ! :|

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:33 pm

Kenny Ames dressed only in a towel is regaling Vicky and Helga with an account of his thirty minutes in the pool swimming lengths.

Kenny: " Honestly girls I've never felt this fit for years.That man in Florida certainly knows his stuff. Over the next two weeks I have to increase the sessions by five minutes every day .He said those cardio exercises I was doing were useless. Maybe I can think about that triathlon before Christmas.What do you think?"

Helga: " One day at a time Mr Ames .It is true all your vital signs are excellent,but the good doctor said two more months improving at a similar rate is needed before you can say the magic word."

Vicky: " And it's not abracadabra Kenny."

Kenny: " I know , I know ,I'm joking but I really do feel so much better I wish I'd heard about him years ago."

Helga: " I will go now Mr Ames and leave the medication with you.There is a two week supply just in case you are away longer than expected."

Kenny: " Thank you Helga.Don't worry, I'm not going to prejudice all the good we've achieved by skimping on the pills."

Kenny and Vicky continued walking back in the direction of Vicky's office.

Kenny: " Vicky you will keep an eye out for Oz, I know he's safe in the retreat at present but meditation and introspection are not second nature to our Leonard. If he should choose to go walkabout while we're away...."

Vicky: " Don't give it a second thought , I'll keep watch.I'm sure he knows he needs time to heal and won't do anything stupid. You're expecting to be no longer than a week?"

Kenny: " Aye ,we're to rendezvous with Solly's lads near Malta then make for a place on the southern coast of Sicily where we will be given further instructions. I would expect a week should be enough time."

As things turned out the passenger numbers were increased when Chrissy insisted on joining them. In spite of Dennis, Nev, Barry and Wymans best efforts she was adamant .

Vicky had agreed to relay any developments through Pru at Ames Security as she had been advised that on board comms might be compromised if there was any indication someone was eavesdropping as they got further into the Med.

Stefano was trying to answer Chrissy's questions as best as he could, sometimes deferring to Father Ben as and when. Having explained the relationship between Solly and the Wiesenthal group Chrissy was nodding her head.

Chrissy: " I can understand a little better now the problems Chris will have had at CWN. This Ulrich guy reminds me of some of the boneheads we used to come across in the East End when I was a teenager. "

Stefano: " I am sure that everything that can be done to safeguard your husband will be in hand. Father Ben has never been wrong about Solly."

Chrissy: " Thankyou for taking the time to explain, but you must know I can't rest until he's safe on board. We had such a lovely time in Argentina,the people were so friendly, but now I can think only of these animals,they've been on the same lakes,eaten the same food,drank the same wines..." She was saved by Wyman.

Wyman: " Come on Chrissy, let's take a walk around the deck. It's cooler up there. Remember when you were on holiday in Cyprus ,well we're going to the same part of the world ? " He led her away as she came close to tears again.

Beatrice and Guy are making short work of a large pizza,a treat from Aunty Tatiana.

Tatiana: " Is this ok for you two?"

Beatrice : " It's fabulous Aunty T. you know that Chrissy is a food fascist?"

Guy: " That's a little unfair sis,she has always said we must eat healthily. But it's true we don't have pizza on a regular basis. Can I ask how long are we staying with you?"

Tatiana: " I explain before.Chrissy is gone with Barry and the others to collect Uncle Moxey by ship. They say it could take about a week, so it will not be long. If you are nearly finished we can go. I have to meet with aunty Dagmar we have some work to do."

They set off to walk to the Leisure dome office block which took them along the sea front.

Beatrice: " This is much nicer than being at school especially the one we've just left.That was awful.Aunty is that someone we know, up there near the flower beds. Her face is familiar ?"

Tatiana looked in the direction Beatrice was pointing .She saw a couple with a small child, sat on a bench facing the sea .It was Ofelia and a tall well built man looking a little out of place being dressed more for the office than the sea side.

Tatiana: " No I think you are mistaken Beatrice.Lets go ,I really must get to the office."

Once in the office Tatiana gave Guy strict instructions to supervise Beatrice in the swimming pool then lost no time in telling Dagmar what she had just seen.

Dagmar: " But what do you think was going on, why are you so agitated? "

Tatiana: " If you had seen the way this man was behaving you would know."

Dagmar: " What we do know is that Oz is divorcing her so what difference does it make? "

Tatiana: " He looks violent. He wave his arms and point at Sofie .How you say , dismissive. I'm not sure that's right word.Like she doesn't matter ? "

Dagmar: " Are you saying the child might be in danger?"

Tatiana: " I do not know but if Oz had been here I would tell him."

Dagmar: " I know who might have an idea of his whereabouts."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:53 pm

:?

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:54 am

After they had a turn around the deck Chrissy said she wanted to lie down and rest for a while.Wyman went to join Nev and Den who when they had passed earlier told them they were " quality testing a batch of mojitos".

Dennis: " Well someone has to do it young'un" when Wyman asked the question.

Neville: " Now then Wyman, I bet you can tell Den has been testing quite a while."

Wyman: " Yeah you can see, his eyes are closer together."

Dennis: " Just watch it kiddah. Here you try it , it's not bad."

Wyman: " Cheers Den, mind they'll have to go some to improve on the stuff we get in Cuba." Wyman took a drink and noted Den was looking distracted. He glanced at Nev who rolled his eyes and shook his head.

Wyman: " That's not bad ,I'll try another .Ok Den ? " Den looked up , clearly his thoughts had been miles away.

Dennis: " Sorry young'un .What was that?"

Wyman: " Den ,you seem a bit pre occupied ,is it because of Moxey, I thought everything was sorted with that ?"

Dennis: " Yeah it is ,the only problem might be if Chris's guys don't turn up when we get to Malta. No I have been thinking maybe we should have had left someone looking out for Oz. "

Neville: " Bloody hell Den I've told you before Vicky's keeping an eye out for Oz while we're away, you know he's safe enough up at Father Ben's place in the mountains."

Dennis: " Aye I know and Moxey's case is more dangerous. "

Wyman: " So what is the plan ,Bobby says we're heading to Malta?"

Dennis: " The kidnappers insisted that none of Solly's people were to be at the exchange , so we have to pick up the Stille brothers from Solly near Malta and then head for a point on the south coast of Sicily. It's just this call from Dagmar this morning .It's worrying."

Neville: " Den I told you man , leave it, it'll keep. Tatiana could be wrong."

Wyman: " What's this about? " Nev shook his head and crossed his arms again.

Dennis: " Tatiana was bringing Moxey's two down to the Leisure Centre and saw Ofelia with Sofie and a man she assumes is Benito. Now we had no idea he was in Spain. "

Neville: " What she said Wyman, was that if Oz had been there she would have told him the bairn might be at risk."

Wyman: " What does she mean at risk ? "

Neville : " It might just be the way she interpreted his body language, but she said he waved his arms about in a way that made her think he considered Sofie a nuisance. Now I would say she has the best protection because she's with her mother. "

During this three way conversation Barry had joined them and poured himself a mojito.

Barry: " I have been listening to what you said Den and Tatiana said much the same to me, but I have to say something Oz told me in confidence has a bearing on what happened this morning. It may well be that Benito is Sofie's natural father."

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Dennis: " You know I had a feeling when I woke up this morning that things couldn't get worse. What makes you say that Barry?"

Barry : " Think about it Den. After we left Cuba Ofelia was a free agent and after a certain time I would be surprised if such an attractive young woman didn't acquire a new beau. Years later Oz reappears and the rest we know. However Ofelia had confessed to Oz there had been a very special person who left to go to America when she was younger. But she wouldn't go with him because she would have to leave her friends and family behind in Cuba ."

Neville : " I remember Oz telling us that before, and it came up again recently when she had to look after her mam and couldn't leave Cuba. It must have been four months or more before she did arrive. "

Barry : " Apparently it was her mother who told her that she and Sofie should be with her husband . I suspect that lady could shed some light on things. "

Wyman: " So Barry, you were saying that Oz is not Sofie's father?"

Barry: " During Oz's musical career he had made friends with several Cuban musicians and these guys brought him up to speed on what Ofelia had been up to, when he told them his intentions . We all know what happened and eventually they married . However Oz is or was so besotted with her that in his words he turned a blind eye .This also makes a kind of sense,after all Oz turning up out of the blue after all that time could she trust him ,did she believe what he told her? Is there any reason she should stop seeing this guy ,even if he had left a wife and family in Miami ? Incidentally there is an enormous divorce rate in Cuba way over fifty percent. They take a different view perhaps."

Neville : "So Barry is this Benito guy the fellah who went to America and is also Sofie's biological father ?"

Barry : " That is the consensus .He and Oz overlapped if you excuse the expression. The overlap continued for some time after they were married.When Oz raised the subject she told him he was the only one de dah de dah de dah and he let it go."

Dennis: " We all know Oz and I find this hard to believe Barry. I couldn't see him just letting this go without putting up a fight."

Barry : " I am in a better position I think, to tell you just how much Oz worships her. You must take my word for it. however the story isn't finished yet. When Kenny Ames bequeathes his empire to Oz naturally his first thought was all my problems are solved . If I throw enough money at it that's it , sorted. Not so simple. Shortly after she moved here Tatiana and her had had a few drinks one night when Ofelia asked some personal questions about me, and about Oz."

Wyman : " What do you mean personal Barry?"

Barry : " Like was I bi-sexual ."

Dennis: " Did I hear right,did you say bi-sexual ? "

Barry : " Yes, by that I mean correct, that was her question.I don't mean that in the affirmative to Ofelia's question. "

Neville : " I take it there was an ulterior motive ?"

Barry : " There was .We ,that is Tatiana and I ,no one else was aware of this, believe she was looking for a way to cash in on Oz's windfall by getting a divorce and be able to fund a lavish lifestyle from her share without moving from Cuba."

Dennis: " I think I'm connecting the dots here Barry . This goes back to the deal you did with Raoul when you promised not to see her again if he pulls the strings to get you released from jail. This confirms that you and Oz are more than friends, and gives her a basis for the divorce. Correct? "

Barry : " Spot on Den ."

Neville : " This actually would fit in with the text and photos that came to us recently. We didn't tell Oz about the pictures, we reckon he had enough on his plate . But to me it looks like she's had a long term plan. "

Wyman : " Makes you wonder why she accepted his proposal in the first place. "

Dennis: " Don't take this the wrong way Barry but maybe she thought being married to a UK citizen could be useful ."

Neville : " There is also the point that if she knew she was pregnant and could pass the child off as Oz's, she could get another bite of the cake when she got custody ."

Wyman : " I can hardly believe this .It's incredible. She has to be one of the nastiest pieces of work I've ever come across."

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:55 am

Bi-sexual ? :o Well, Barry did share a shower once with Oz. :lol:

936trt
Boozer
Boozer

Post by 936trt » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:39 pm

During the night Wyman was woken by some noises outside his cabin.The humidity had made sleeping difficult so it was no hardship to get up to investigate. As he was closing the cabin door quietly he heard Nev just ahead of him muttering to himself. Another clatter coming from the port side was loud enough to have woken even the soundest sleeper.
" What in shites name was that?" said Nev. He heard Dennis answer back ." Some silly biugger setting his creels?"

Wyman could make out Kenny and Bobby near the stern and some of the crew hauling on lines over the port side.

Wyman: " Anything I can do to help mate? " Bobby turned round to face him.

Bobby: " It's fine Mr Wyman, we have it all in hand. Our guests are now on board. If your colleagues are awake you might want to tell them that Mr Brown has arrived with his friends and Mr.Chris's best wishes."

Wyman could take the hint and got out of the way quickly and headed back to his cabin. Neville joined him and said : " Den has found some cold beer if your interested ?"

Wyman: " Why not, I can't sleep it's this humidity. The nights in Arizona are nothing like this. Might as well be wet on the inside as well."

Neville: " I had a text earlier from Pru, she reckons Chris's "reaching out " to us meant he would payroll Kenny Browns spec op buddies to help us with the exchange."

Dennis: " That's got to make things a lot easier, after all Bobby's crew ,although they're younger than us, they're not really trained for this kind of game."

Wyman: " It sounds like you are expecting trouble Den?"

Dennis: " Just thinking back to our experiences in the recent past, whenever Ulrich and his mates from CWN are involved you can never be too sure." A sleepy Barry wandered into the lounge.Rubbing his eyes he yawned.

Barry: " Dear me are you all at it already .It's nowhere near breakfast ,what's all the racket?" Wyman explained the Stille's were just on board along with Kenny Brown's team. " I suppose I could join you and force a refreshing cold drink while I'm here.What you got Den?"

Dennis: " Well there's beer and er beer."

Barry : " Well beggars can't be choosers eh?"

Neville: "You know I was just thinking it's over eighty years since these two buggers started screwing things up and here we are somewhere at sea,in the dark off the African coast because some other bastard wants to swap them for Moxey."

Dennis: " Howay Nev,we're only here to make sure we get Moxey back man,stop mithering."

Barry: " I remember our last trip in this boat.It's really the bees knees, lovely cabins, good food and plenty of drink. I don't suppose poor Mox will have been treated as well. "

Dennis: " Aye and I can think of another poor sod who'll not be having such a wonderful time.I take it we've had no word from Vicky?"

Neville: " No ,if there was Pru would have passed it on. "

Wyman: " Well I guess we have a few more hours before we reach this place on the Sicilian coast?"

Dennis: " Aye and Bobby says they are expecting to get a radio message with our instructions . So, I think I'll try to get a bit shut eye now my dehydration problem is sorted. Night night lads."