Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Locations still to film.. and still to find..

Do you know of a Location we don't have?

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Locations still to film.. and still to find..

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:55 pm

Locations left to find and visit and add in new video are... UPDATED: September 26th 2013.

Harry's Boozer, (Filmed)
Chatterley's, (Filmed) Street View' NOT inside, or from Driveway outwards. Only going to and from the location.

Dennis and Oz layby, Where in Episode 2 we see them swap drivers in the camper van.
Farm they pass in same scene, Now Known, and old MOBIL site...Now Snob land, with 4 BIG houses. Layby is one at the side of Thornely Manor. (Filmed)

Trout Stream, (Done).

A610 IKEA Roundabout, Where Dennis and Neville go by the Hitch Hiker.. (Done).

Tradesmens place, where Dennis goes and gets Harry's number and orders 'Cowboy' materials.. FOUND..Now an ALDI.. Credit to Gary Holton site owner for that one. (Filmed)

Imperial Tobacco, Lenton, Gary Holton site owner tells me this was the place where Oz and Marjorie had a moan at each other, not JP that used to be in Radford..
(Place Contacted on May 9th)
Awaiting Conformation to go inside, last reply was early September on phone.

Airport, where Oz and Wayne head to get Wayne's car back.. (Still to go to)

Hotel, Holiday Inn Jnc 25 M1.. Where the lads leave for Thornely Manor, also where Wayne see's Dennis heading back to Newcastle in ROTS Part 2..
(Filmed in September 2013)

Redmile Church, (Filmed)

Sir James's, (Filmed)

Neville on site.. Start of ROTS Part 1.. (Landmere Lane) Filmed.

Neville on site when phone call comes.. 99% found, Lenton, (Filmed)
(Less than 2 minutes away from Central Studios, used to be called 'Cork International')

Dennis and Neville talking before Hitch Hiker Island, Notts Somewhere.. Possibly A610 a Mile before we see Wayne's BMW overtake the camper van.. (Filmed)

Harry's Boozer.. 'Interior' probably not going to be discovered.. as a small rumour said this was a barn.. even it it was and it stil exists, then i bet its a rich GITS place now.
(Confirmed as Studio at the convention)

Thornely Manor White front door, Now near Newark somewhere in 'Averham'.. May get it in just because its a real life prop as such. (Filmed)

Road just before West Bridgford ASDA, place where Dennis and Oz talk about the Jag's damage.. (Filmed)

Return to Abbey Street, Dunkirk Notts, correction to be made with regard to 3 hour video and Wayne's BMW in opening credits.. (Filmed)

Ally Fraser's actual house, Known as in Nottingham, but not known where exactly yet.

OP

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Locations still to film.. and still to find..

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:04 pm

We recently went to the 'The Plough Inn' in Caunton, and it does have some really good similarities to Harrys Boozer, so if anyone has been, what do you think or know?

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:33 am

Makes me wonder, because when we last saw the owner of Beesthorpe hall he said something about other scenes being filmed close by.. not sure if we all caught it though as Steve was talking at the time..i meant to ask him which ones he meant but forgot.. plus he had guests to see to didnt he..
OP

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:01 pm

Good point, I did hear it.....

Might have to Email him, wish him Merry Christmas and see what he knows...

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:41 pm

Maybe a small quest for Richard hill here.. or anyone up Newcastle way.. the question of Ally's house.. when we see the lads go to see what the status is for the Spanish number.. Where Neville has a mardy because Dennis takes Christy with him.. Insides probably at central studio's of course.. but the outer isnt! Makes me wonder whether it is actually Notts or Newcastle though.. both have posh parts!
OP

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:24 pm

I was told this was...Darris Hall (Spelling?) in Newcastle, but could take some finding, but it does/did have a pool...

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:25 am

I predict another Chatterley Type place here with this one..
OP

Geordie
Electrician
Electrician

Post by Geordie » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:04 pm

Ally's house defiantly looks like the type of houses you would find up Darras Hall, known for being posh. But that could also be a problem in itself because so many homes do look like that in the area.

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:17 pm

House's like that in Notts are all over too.. Edwalton, West Bridgford, Mapperley top... Newcastle is a maze to me, only been there once, that was to Castle Keep.. Definately another Chatterley type..
OP

Kemal
Plumber
Plumber

Post by Kemal » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:57 pm

Ive visited Darras Hall loads of tmes over the years, quite near to me, altho Im far from posh.I might have a gander on Friday and see. The kids and mrs love being taken on these hunts under the guise of a 'nice day out' in the car.

Quick look at that house, could be anywhere couldnt it. Funny how we see Wayne going over the tyne bridge with Nev at the beginning of MDLHA but then no other scenes of him outside in Newcastle. Would be great if they had actually went up to Darras Hall to film the scene with him and vicki.
Last edited by Kemal on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:58 pm

There's not much to go off on screen, but some people might remember filming...

Kemal
Plumber
Plumber

Post by Kemal » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:07 pm

Believe me Daras Hall isnt the type of place where you knock on the door and ask! They'd set the dogs on you. :lol:

phoenix
Carpenter
Carpenter

Post by phoenix » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:08 pm

AWP Notts wrote:Locations left to find and visit are...

Harry's Boozer, Not found yet..
Chatterley's.. Steve Howard has notes which reveal its location, we have to go there soon.. he hasnt told me where it is yet...

Dennis and Oz layby, Where in Episode 2 we see them swap drivers in the camper van.

Trout Stream, Known location, soon to go to..

A610 IKEA Roundabout, Where Dennis and Neville go by the Hitch Hiker.. (known location)

Tradesmens place, where Dennis goes and gets Harry's number and orders 'Cowboy' materials.. FOUND..Now an ALDI.. Credit to Gary Holton site owner for that one.

Imperial tobacco, Lenton, Gary Holton site owner tells me this was the place where Oz and Marjorie had a moan at each other, not JP that used to be in Radford..

Airport, where Oz and Wayne head to get Waynes car back..
Hotel, Holiday Inn Jnc 25 M1.. Where the lads leave for Thornely Manor, also where Wayne see's dennis heading back to Newcastle in episode 2..
i have posted some photos of the trout stream for lee to grab.The airport should be eastmidlands .the hotel on junction 25 used to be a nova hotel its easy to find.come off junction 25 head for sandiacre.

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Thanks.. I know all the locations apart from Harry's Boozer, Chatterley's and the Layby the VW pulls into where Dennis and Oz swap over to drive..

I have been in contact with East Mids and they know the two places of filming, one is under new construction now.. and i need Public Liability insurance to get it..

I went into the hotel off Jnc 25 and spoke to the manager.. still await to see what his head office said, he had no problem with it himself..

The stream pics would help though.. as i heard it can be a long walk, or shorter walk depending where you park..
OP

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:21 pm

Gonna Email you some pictures Tim....