Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Wayne and Oz

Who is your favourite character from Auf Wiedersehen, Pet?

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

HerrPfister
Gaffer
Gaffer

Re: Wayne and Oz

Post by HerrPfister » Sat May 10, 2014 5:36 pm

RHill wrote:
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet wrote:Jimmy and Brian Johnson are mates, a bit if a nod to his chum I think.....
If Jimmy had been mates with Bananarama:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ruggedscot
Electrician
Electrician

Post by ruggedscot » Sat May 10, 2014 5:40 pm

Question is who the fec was Barry mates with ?

AWPfanfromNZ
Boozer
Boozer

Post by AWPfanfromNZ » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:49 am

Oz is my favourite character! He spoke some of the most memorable quotes in the entire series. I loved how he was jingoistic, honest and wasn't afraid to speak up! Some members have posted their thoughts on the 'reformed Oz' and they are entitled to their own opinion. However, I think he was great!

You must remember, in 16 years people can change and he did do some time in prison which made him think "shit, what have I done?" and because of that experience he decided to change his life: cut back on his drinking, learn new skills (ie: the power of the Internet - I liked that he had a Mackintosh laptop too!) AND MATURED, etc. and hence, we saw the new Oz in Series Three. He acknowledged the fact (at last!) that he wasn't exactly great to Marjorie and Rodney and even though there was too much water under the bridge to talk to her, he contacted Rodney to make amends - even though it was a bit too late, at least he gave it a shot and you can't blame the man for that! (considering the fact that he was rather embarrassed that his son was gay, he made it up to him thanks to Wyman. We'll never know if he became close to Rodney but I'll leave that to your imagination!) By Series Four, he had gone back to his old-self a little (I guess because he was reunited with the lads and as always, needed Dennis to wet-nurse him a little) but he was still Oz at the end of the day, just older and more mature. To be honest, he had only changed a little: he was still shagging this bird and that bird and still retained his infamous temper (which led to his demise with Raoul in Series Four), so really what's the fuss about complaining? You can't turn the clock back! I know some members on here are older than me and were watching on TV when it first aired but remember, people change!!

However, Happy Days!! :D
Happy Days!! :D :D

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:07 am

'Jingoistic'. Had to look that one up Pet !

AWPfanfromNZ
Boozer
Boozer

Post by AWPfanfromNZ » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:09 pm

Tracy wrote:'Jingoistic'. Had to look that one up Pet !
Go onto the 'Auf Wiedersehen Pet' Wikipedia page, look under Characters, find Oz and you'll see it :)
Happy Days!! :D :D