Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Barry Spencer Taylor

Who is your favourite character from Auf Wiedersehen, Pet?

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Site Admin
Site Admin

Barry Spencer Taylor

Post by Auf Wiedersehen, Pet » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:02 pm

I have said this in the 'Old' Forum, but Barry just nails it for me, in all the series.

In Series 1, he might have driven everyone insane with his inane banter, and masses of boring trivia, but don't you just love him! :D

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Re: Barry Spencer Taylor

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:31 pm

You ever noticed how much of a mad driver he is!!

Pulling out of Bel and Dragon, at speed..
Coming into hotel car park to find Hazel, at speed..
Going to the lads before leaving for Thornely.. at speed!!
Even going to the Barley Mow when moxey does a runner..

Fast driver Barry in the 80's!
OP

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:50 pm

Aye he was mad on his motorbike too. Almost ran over Wayne at the Beco building site during the football and goes through red lights while chasing Oz's bus.

Ally Frasers clubs
Brickie
Brickie

Post by Ally Frasers clubs » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:01 pm

My fav line from Barry.... "do like ping pong pippa" or as he said it do you like "pingpongpippa"

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:59 am

As you can see, my favourite line is on me banner. However there are just so many classics to choose from; "Its got a better air init." "Skirt?" "Thats the last time Im going on the pull with you!" "But your not me are you! And yours is the last advise I'd ask for thank you Wayne Norriss !"

RHill
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by RHill » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:28 am

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet wrote:I have said this in the 'Old' Forum, but Barry just nails it for me, in all the series.

In Series 1, he might have driven everyone insane with his inane banter, and masses on boring trivia, but don't you just love him! :D
It's strange how Barry is known for his boring trivia because I always find his trivia very interesting; such as pheromones, the walls of Jericho and toxic shock syndrome. But I still don't understand what he was going on about when he gave the lads a lecture on that oil painting reproduction process he found at the massage palour.

Duckegg
Brickie
Brickie

Post by Duckegg » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:33 am

Barry is arguably my favourite character. Its strange too, considering a cant stand anyone who's boring. But with Barry it's endearing. He's unintentionally funny, and his random trivia is decent.
The second series is where he shines through for me. And kudos for getting the lads back together.

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:32 pm

Barry's Radish'ness and trivia talks are long and dragging, but its also the accent that makes you carry on listening too.. Brumm accent is funny to me sometimes.. at the age of 16 me and my mates would get a National Express there on sunday's as one mate got into being Penpals! with girls.. way before Sadbook came about, and mobiles i suppose.. for a short time i went out with a brum girl, used to love hearing her talk.. 'No Officer, the light was AMBER!!' :lol:
OP

KismetsNotAName
Brickie
Brickie

Post by KismetsNotAName » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:08 pm

Loved the part in the hut when Barry was on a cleaning purge "we don't want your toenails" the whole scene was chaos with Barry going mental with the broom. Moxey informing Dennis everyone knew he was seeing dagmar etc One of my favorite scenes

BarryTaylor
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by BarryTaylor » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:43 pm

AWP Corsa Tim wrote:You ever noticed how much of a mad driver he is!!

Pulling out of Bel and Dragon, at speed..
Coming into hotel car park to find Hazel, at speed..
Going to the lads before leaving for Thornely.. at speed!!
Even going to the Barley Mow when Moxey does a runner..

Fast driver Barry in the 80's!

Neville gives him a run for his money with that seriously quick drive home from Windermere in Series 4! No wonder the car didn't last past 2003!!
Ben Adams

Midlands based Fan.
Drives an "automatic Metro"....

Lou
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Lou » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:29 am

In series three there's no way that Barry would ever have touched drugs.
I didn't agree with this at all. Completely out of character.
No need for it.

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:58 am

Yes, Im roight with ya there Lou, however, it could be argued loike, his missus dumps him for another woman, he drowns in his sorrows for a time and a tart such as Tatiana comes along, shakin what her mamma gave her and falls in love with him. [ well pretends to. ] His love life becomes all his schoolboy dreams come true and she offers him a snort of Charlie. Afraid of doing anything that might upset her, he agrees and wallop, the rest is history son. Just a personal interpretation mind.

BarryTaylor
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by BarryTaylor » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:13 pm

I agree. Barry is not in charge of their relationship and he just does what she says. The scene where he returns from the North and they are watching The Weakest Link demonstrates this perfectly, the poor guy was virtually a lodger in his own home!

Poor Barry, despite being a hard working and honest man, ends up arrested/held against his will in every single series. This means he probably has MORE of a criminal record than the likes of Kenny Aimes, Terry Leather etc because they committed the crime and then 'bodyswerved doon to Spain'.
Ben Adams

Midlands based Fan.
Drives an "automatic Metro"....

mcfcdarren1971
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mcfcdarren1971 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:30 am

AWP Corsa Tim wrote:Barry's Radish'ness and trivia talks are long and dragging, but its also the accent that makes you carry on listening too.. Brumm accent is funny to me sometimes.. at the age of 16 me and my mates would get a National Express there on sunday's as one mate got into being Penpals! with girls.. way before Sadbook came about, and mobiles i suppose.. for a short time i went out with a brum girl, used to love hearing her talk.. 'No Officer, the light was AMBER!!' :lol:
Aah but he ISN'T from Birmingham!! - one of the minor flaws of the programme. The opening credits indicate he is but in fact he's from the Black Country which is totally different. References to West Bromwich , Dudley , supporting Wolves confirm this. He even makes reference to Droitwich , which is in Worcestershire. It's amazing how many people outside of Birmingham or Wolverhampton refer to those living there as Brummies and nothing else

AWP Corsa Tim
Locations Tracker
Locations Tracker

Post by AWP Corsa Tim » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:42 pm

well its in the same region!
OP