Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

When Barry Met Hazel

A Place for the fans versions of AWP

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

racesgirl2000
Boozer
Boozer

When Barry Met Hazel

Post by racesgirl2000 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:16 pm

I was wondering about myself about how Barry and Hazel first met so I was thinking that this story might be it. It's set in 1980 so enjoy.

Hazel Redfern wasn't ready to meet Barry Taylor the next day so she decided to wait for a month or two to meet him since she couldn't find anything good to wear.

"Bella, could you tell Bob I'm not ready to meet his friend he wants me to meet? I haven't found anything to wear yet." Hazel said.

"Okay. I'll tell him tomorrow." Bella Simpson said.

They separated for the day since Hazel had to be home at 5:30pm and 6:00pm which was dinnertime for her family.

"Hello, Simon. How was school today?" Hazel and Simon's mother Rose Redfern asked.

"Fine, Mom. I got my history test back. I got 100%." said Hazel smiling.

"Good for you, bab." Hazel's father Russell said happily.

He loved it when his children got good marks in school. Hazel knew she had chores to do after supper. It was her daily routine since she was busy with school in the day. After dinner, Hazel and Simon did the dishes together. He did the trash while she did the dishes.

Hazel had a hard time going to sleep that night. She had wondered who this Barry guy was and what he was like. It took her quite a while to go to sleep since Barry Taylor was on her mind and she wondered what kind of person he was. She had never dated once in her whole life and wondered what it was like to date a guy but had heard the stories from Bella. She knew she would get her first kiss sooner or later from a guy but that would come later. She knew sooner or later she would have a sex talk with her mother. Shirley was up the next morning before her alarm went off. She shut the alarm once it was going to buzz off.

"Hi, Mom." Hazel said.

"Hi, bab." Mrs Redfern said.

"Mom, Bella told me her boyfriend Bob Fluke's got a friend he wants me to meet." Hazel said.

"What kind of friend is this?" Mrs Redfern asked her only daughter.

"I hear the name was Barry Taylor." Hazel said.

"I know the name, Hazel. I know his mother because we get our hair done in the same parlor." Mrs Redfern said.

"Is she nice?" Hazel asked.

"She is. We go shopping once a month." Mrs Redfern said.

"I hope so. I'm supposed to meet Barry Taylor this week but I don't have anything to wear to impress him." Hazel said.

"I'll help you." Mrs Redfern said.

"All right. Thanks, Mom." Hazel said appreciating her mother's help.

Hazel ate breakfast and then she got her school things and headed out the house and waited for Bella's mother to pick her up. Bella's mother arrived within a few minutes so Marion didn't have to wait very long.

"Hi, Bella." Hazel said when she got into the backseat and joined her best friend.

"Hi, Hazel. Are you ready to meet Bob's friend today?" Bella asked.

"No. I don't have anything to wear. Give me more time." Hazel said.

"Okay. Should I tell Bob that?" Bella asked.

"Yes." Hazel answered.

"Okay. I'll tell him at lunch today but Don's a really cute bloke." Bella told her best friend.
Last edited by racesgirl2000 on Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oi oi, what's the word then

racesgirl2000
Boozer
Boozer

Re: When Barry Met Hazel

Post by racesgirl2000 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:21 pm

Lunchtime arrived fast. Bella arrived at her usual table where she ate with Bob. Bob was there with a yong electrician named Barry Taylor.

"Hi, Bob." Bella said as the two kissed.

"Hi, Bella." he said.

"Hi, Don." Bella said.

"Where's Hazel?" Bob asked with curiosity.

"She can't make it today, Bob. She wanted to but she said she wanted more time to meet Don." Bella said.

"Okay. Let me know when she'll join us." Bob said.

Barry was listening to the conversation. He was wondering who this Hazel girl was that they were talking about.

"Who's Hazel?" Barry asked.

"My best friend." Bella answered.

"You'll like her, Don. Nice girl." Bob said.

"I hope so." Barry said.

"She is. She's the same age as us, Mr Taylor. We're 16." Bella said.

"Really? I can't wait to meet this Hazel." Barry said.

"Bet you can't. I think she goes to the same church as you." Bella told Barry.

"If she does, I don't think I've seen her at Mass." Barry said.

"Maybe she goes at a different time." Bella said.

"Probably." Barry replied.

Barry didn't know that Hazel Redfern attended the same Mass service he did but he didn't know what she looked like so he would find out until they met.

racesgirl2000
Boozer
Boozer

Post by racesgirl2000 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:42 pm

A month had passed and Hazel was finally ready to meet Barry.

"Tell Bob I'm finally ready to meet his friend." Hazel told Bella.

"It took you a while to be ready to meet Big Bad Barry, Hazel, Marion. He looks a bit like Winston Churchill though. I heard from Bob that he attends the same church as you and your family do." Bella said.

"Really? What service?" Hazel asked.

"I don't know. You'll have to find out from him." Bella answered.

Hazel found it interesting Bella's boyfriend's friend went to the same church she did. Maybe they would go together once they met, but she never knew if he was a nice guy or not until they were introduced. That Tuesday at lunch, Bella let Bob introduce Hazel to Barry as he was fixing the school's lights.

"Oi Taylor, I'd like you to meet Bella's best friend Hazel Redfern." Bob said who was making the introductions.

Hazel could tell Barry Taylor was on both the fat side and the ugly side but she didn't want to mention his weight or image. He was overweight and ugly, she could tell. She did agree with Bella that Barry Taylor was cute.

"How many times have I told you not to call me by my surname, Bob? You know I don't like that." Hazel heard Barry tell Bob.

"You know I only say it to tease you even when my dad who's also your boss is around." Bob said.

"Still, I don't like it.'' Barry said.

She watched him take his glasses off and wash them. Hazel didn't know how to start the conversation with Barry Taylor so she let him start it with her.

After he put his glass back on, he said to her "It's nice meeting you, Hazel."

"It's nice meeting you too, Barry." she replied back.

"See, Bob, she didn't call me by my surname. There's a woman that doesn't call me by my surname." Barry said with a smile on his face.

Hazel could see how big of a smile was on Barry Taylor's face. She didn't know what made him happy. She didn't know what she did right to him. She was clueless but guessed she made him happy somehow. Barry told Bob and Bella he was going to eat with Hazel somewhere else so the two of them took their lunches and left Bob and Bella. Bob and Bella watched them head somewhere quiet. They headed for a different table in the lunchroom.

"They want to be alone, Bob." Bella said guessing Barry wanted to know Hazel a bit better.

"Guess so." Bob agreed to what his girlfriend just said.

Barry and Hazel sat down with their bags and lunches.

"Tell me more about yourself." Hazel told Barry as they began to eat their lunches.

So he did. Hazel couldn't take her eyes off Barry as he told her all about himself. When the bell rang for sixth period, Barry and Hazel threw their lunches away.

"Would you like me to take you to class?" Barry asked.

"Sure." she answered.

"What's your next class?" Barry asked.

"Gym." Hazel said.

"I have to get back to work." Barry said.

"It's okay. I've got bloody French afterwards." Hazel said.

Bob and Bella walked behind Barry and Hazel so they wouldn't know they were there. Bella thought Barry and Hazel were a cute couple.

"I heard you and I go to the same church." Hazel told Barry as they headed to the gym.

"I heard that too. What Mass service do you attend?" Barry asked.

"The first one. You?" Hazel asked.

"The first one." he said.

"My mom says she knows your mom because they get their hair done at the same hairdressers." Hazel said.

"Really? I'll have to check on that one." Barry said.

"Nice meeting you, Barry. May I have your number?" Hazel asked. Barry did so as Hazel wrote hers and gave each other their phone numbers.

"Thanks. I'll call you." Barry said and headed to the main exit of the school.

Barry had Hazel's schedule in his backpack so he would know where she was on certain days. He thought he would take her home with him and Bob that day after school. He wanted to get to know this girl he just met. He knew Bob was in the same German class as he was so he would ask Bob and see what he had to say.

"Bob, is it all right with you that I take Hazel home with me after school today?" Barry asked Bob.

"Sure. Why?" Bob asked.

Barry told him.

"Okay, Big Bad Barry. Sounds like you're in love." Bob said and whistled.

"Who's in love, Bobby boy?" one of Bob's friends asked.

"Barry Taylor is." Bob said who was still whistling.

"Who's the lucky girl, Bazza?" the guy asked.

"Hazel Redfern." Bob answered for Barry.

"The pretty redhead? She's pretty." one of the guys agreed.

"She's perfect for you, Bar." a guy named John said.

"I know, John. She is beautiful. I heard she goes to the same church as I do." Barry said.

"She does? Maybe you both can go to the same service. What Mass does she attend?" John asked.

"I think she said second." Barry said already forgetting.

"Maybe you could try to get her to go to first and you both can go together." another lad named Andy said.

"I like that, pal. I'll see if we can work something out. I can't keep my mind of my ex Shirley." Barry told Andy.

"Wish you two were at lunch today to see those two together. They were just right for each other." Bob said to his friends.

As he left, Barry knew school let out at 3:15 so he couldn't wait to see Hazel again but didn't know she got her rides after school.

racesgirl2000
Boozer
Boozer

Post by racesgirl2000 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:49 pm

Hazel knew she had the same feeling about Barry as he did for her. She glanced at his schedule he had given her at lunch so she'd know where he was on certain days of the week. She knew Bella was right that he was handsome. She didn't have his phone number yet but somehow would get it sooner or later. She hardly talked on the phone that much at home except for homework and the weekends.

That night, Hazel could barely concentrate on her homework and all she could think about was Barry but she did get her homework done. She did tell her mother she met Barry Taylor at lunch that day.

"He's really handsome, Mom. You've got to meet him sometime." Hazel said.

Rose saw her daughter had love in her eyes. She knew her daughter wasn't a child anymore and was a teenager in high school.

"I'm sure your father and I will meet him sooner or later, Haze. I do know his mother." Rose said.

"You know what he did at lunch today, Mom? He gave me his phone number." Hazel said.

"Why would he do a thing like that?" Russell asked who was listening to the whole talk.

"I don't know, Russell. I think our daughter's in love." Rose said thinking it was cute.

"Does that mean I get to start dating men, Mom?" Hazel asked.

"Wait a minute, young lady. We'll have to talk about this." Russell said.

"Dad, you know I'm old enough to have a relationship." Hazel said.

"Yes, you're old enough to date." Rose said to her daughter before pointing out to her husband "She's not old enough to drive a car yet, Russell."

"I know that, Hazel's not 17 yet." Russell said.

"I will be in July." Hazel said knowing she wasn't a little girl anymore.

"She's too young to drive a car! There is absolutely no way Hazel's going to date a nice young man at this age. She's just going to have to wait until she's in college to date a nice young man, let alone drive a car. I don't want my little girl to get hurt." Russell said.

"Come on, Dad. This guy goes to our church." Hazel said.

"I don't care, bab. This case is closed. Period." Russell said sternly.

Both Rose and Hazel could tell Russell had meant what he said so they didn't talk about it anymore that night.

"What am I going to tell Barry, Mom?" Hazel asked as Rose came into her bedroom later that night to say goodnight.

"I don't know, bab. You can still see him but you're not going to let your father know about this. I don't know why your father disapproves of dating relationships for women." Rose said as she kissed her daughter goodnight and turned the light out.