Official Merchandise!!
T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Mugs, Beanie Hats, Keyrings, DVD's and more!
Same day dispatch Mon-Fri if ordered before 4pm.
http://www.auf.pet

Prospects Options Choices

A Place for the fans versions of AWP

Moderators: Howard Radcliff, AWP Corsa Tim, RHill

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Re: Prospects Options Choices

Post by 936trt » Fri May 22, 2020 12:51 pm

Sarah is talking to Pru.

Sarah: “ Hello Prudence, are you and your family well?” There was a pause before Pru answered.

Pru: “Clearly there is a reason for Sunday best names, but yes we are all hale and hearty?”

Sarah: “Sounds like you’re having lots of fun?” They both laughed.

Pru: “ Nev says these two are descended from Genghis Khan, and you’re no good with sarcasm Sarah. What can I do you for ?”

Sarah: “Cast your mind back to those halcyon days, sunnier times in a motor home with the man of your dreams. You were assembling an array of thingies along the coast of a certain island.”

Pru: “ I couldn’t possibly comment ,but go on.”

Sarah: “ My new best friend at FCO alerted me to some changes they detected in movements, changes of traffic patterns. It is known that you helped with the algorithms on this work ?”

Pru: “ I deduce for purely academic reasons ,you are suggesting a consult?”

Sarah: “ Are you free for tea this afternoon?”

Later.

Pru: “ I’ll be a monkey’s uncle!” Sarah looked up from her monitor.

Sarah: “ What is it, have you seen something?”

Pru: “ Yes I have. See the numbers you got from Heather’s guy up to about a month ago are much the same on a weekly or monthly basis. More recently the container traffic to Costa Rica and Guatemala has changed .”

Sarah: “ I see there is change but what does it mean in real terms?”

Pru: “ It’s the frequency. Roughly the same number of transits but at different times ,this usually meant a different point of origin.”

Sarah: “ The vessels are coming from a different terminal?”

Pru: “ That’s the simplest answer, yes.”

Oz: “ Why have you got involved with this trafficking thing pet, I thought you weren’t fussed after Greig pegged it?”

Sarah: “ Well a little bird at FCO remembered a colleague had background in coastal monitoring in this area and thought I might be able to help. Normal channels would take ages.”

Oz: “ I always thought those buggers worked in a more organised way, this looks like people doing each other favours?”

Sarah: “ Classic civil service my love.”

Oz: “ So this is where Pru comes into the picture?”

Sarah: “ Yes, but I’m beginning to see a bigger picture. It’s like a jigsaw but I still need to put more pieces together.”

Nikki is in Fredo’s office. She waits until the girl who brought coffee has left.

Fredo: “ Miss Myles, I’m told you have information for me about trafficking?” Nikki had hoped for a more friendly approach.

Nikki: “ Morning inspector. Yes I’m following up certain aspects of my investigation on Tatiana Taylor.”

Fredo: “ Very interesting but what is it you have to tell me?”

Nikki: ”I’m interviewing her about her involvement with Joachim Lopez ,known as the Chechen.”

Fredo: “ Yes ms Myles ,without being rude I have a nine thirty appointment, can you make your point. Please?”

Nikki: “I need your help to confirm my theory that the Chechen made a huge cash transfer to one of her accounts in return for intel that allowed him to acquire lucrative trafficking deals in Central and South America.” Fredo sat up suddenly and Nikki smiled as she saw interest flit across his face.

Fredo: “ You do know he’s dead?”

Nikki: “ And yet his business is still operating.”

Fredo: “ You think she is the new Joachim Lopez?”

Nikki: “ If not her someone close to the action. I need to see his recent comms. The newspaper reports say you recovered his mobile from the vehicle?”

Fredo: “We asked the Poti authorities to assist with our own pursuit of the traffickers. The locals confiscated his vehicle along with his body and personal effects. You would be advised to speak to them.” Nikki looked at Fredo with an exaggerated wide eyed stare.

Nikki: “ Are you saying that the newspaper report is untrue?” Fredo sighed and shook his head.

Fredo: “ We both know that someone in the Poti camp reported Lopez’s possessions ,including his mobile, were not recovered .The authorities there are appealing for witnesses of the incident to come forward. It is believed in the confusion that followed the shooting his body was robbed.”

Nikki: “ Whoever has his ‘phone may hold the key to his death and much more.” They looked at each other. Nikki got up and left without a further word.

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Sat May 23, 2020 12:47 pm

Barry is in an office in the Leisure Centre talking with Hazel when he receives an outside call.

Barry: “ Yes I’ll take it, you say from the convent?” He gave Hazel a puzzled look and sat down. As the conversation progressed Hazel saw Barry’s expression change from puzzled to horrified.” Of course, yes, I understand not over the telephone. I’ll be there as fast as I can. Ta ra for a bit, thankyou sister.” Hazel looked at him as he carefully replaced the ‘phone . She had a bad feeling from the look he gave her.” I have to go .That was the convent where Sara Victoria stays. She has some disturbing news about Anna.During her visit this morning she became very upset. Sara prefers to explain in person and said not to say anything to Anna just yet.”

Hazel: “ This is to do with her kidnapping?”

Barry: “ Yes.It’s related to something Anna overheard which she kept to herself and it's now threatening her mental state.” Barry had become very agitated and Hazel put her hand on his shoulder.

Hazel: “Barry, Barry love , take it easy. You know this will be something to do with your ex and you know you’ll be able to handle it. Do you want me to come with you?”

Barry: “ Yes, in fact it’s an opportunity for you to meet Sara Victoria.”

In a meeting room within Convento de Santa Maria.

Sara Victoria: “Senor Barry this has been a difficult thing for Anna to deal with. It is difficult for me but I have my sisters to help. Anna has kept this thing to herself for too long and now we feel it threatens her mental health. However she must never believe we betrayed her trust .As her father however the decision is yours going forward.”

Barry: “ I promise you Sister,you know I will do anything for Anna, I would never let her believe ill of you.”

Sara Victoria: “Very well, I can speak freely ?” She looked at Hazel sat nearby.

Barry: “ Yes sister ,we have a friendship of many years standing.”

Sara Victoria: “ First I must say the sisters and I do not believe Anna understands fully what she overheard. The overall context perhaps yes, but I will give you our interpretation separately at the end. I believe Anna has processed what she heard in the light of what she knows of her mothers journey to central America from Varna .This will be apparent from the notes I have taken after listening to your daughter. I’m sure it’s not complete, it would be an impossible task for Anna, but her mother memorised a list of numbers relating to places she visited, individual mines, their output, manning levels and replacement labour, engineers, and value of the ores and metals extracted. We have access to the internet and I have been able to clarify where Anna’s account was vague or lacking.”

Barry: “ You told me this has affected Anna badly?”

Sara Victoria: “ Indeed. She believes her mother has been through an ordeal but crucially doesn’t understand the reasoning behind this feat of memory. “

Barry: “ Are you saying she is conflicted , trying to reconcile her current feelings with her mothers previous behaviour?”

Sara Victoria:” Yes. I will not reveal what Anna told me in confidence of course but she heard her mother recite this to someone who she believed at the time was a friend, and that is all.”

Barry: “ What would you advise ,do you think I should take her to a psychiatrist?”

Sara Victoria: “ I wouldn’t do anything precipitate senor Barry. Spend time with her see how she behaves. You know her ,do what you think is best ,but if you think there is a civic or legal path to be taken you will need this.” She passed him a folder of closely written text.” I cannot be involved any further of course. I’m sure you understand.”

936trt
Gaffer
Gaffer

Post by 936trt » Sun May 24, 2020 12:00 pm

Barry:” Of course. Is there anything else you feel comfortable telling me that would help me to understand why?”

Sara Victoria: “ Most of the time Anna was held in a room next to her mother’s. She would hear lengthy conversations late at night when they assumed she was asleep, mainly her mothers voice, and then she would begin to recite this list of numbers and names, places and times, over and over.”

Barry: “ The folder contains this information ?”

Sara Victoria: “ What is in there is largely what Anna can remember .Although she heard it night after night we know it must be incomplete, clearly you can say a lot even in a short time, so there must have been much more . Nevertheless we believe it’s representative .I committed it to paper and tried putting it into some geographical context based on what Anna told me about her mothers journey after leaving for Peru. Anna was appalled when she heard the callous way she spoke about the loss of life and those poor souls trafficked to replace them .”

Barry: “I take it Anna is unaware how her mother gathered this information?”

Sara Victoria: “ You are correct up to a point. I think she knows it wasn’t downloaded from a computer but wouldn’t understand how it could be acquired by word of mouth.” Barry was still holding the file and staring at this young woman in black.

Barry: “ I can’t take it in Sara. What is it about, I don’t understand why would she memorise …..?” He had paused midway through the file, then stopped, frown gone .” She has compiled a shorthand record of activity at mines in central and south America using slave labour. Accounts of output, shipments, tonnage, profits , labour numbers and pay offs to traffickers. What would drive someone to do this?”

Sara Victoria leaned forward and covered Barry’s hand with hers.” Senor you know why. She channelled her hate and pain. Her plan would keep her alive. We have sisters here who understand what happens to women in her situation.”

Barry: “ So now we know how the Chechen increased his share of the market ,and how Tatiana got her chain of beauty salons.”

Hazel: “ And maybe why someone shot him?”

Tracy
Top Rank Brickie
Top Rank Brickie

Post by Tracy » Sun May 24, 2020 6:40 pm

So if Titiana didn't pull the trigger, she payed the one who did ? :twisted: